PDA

View Full Version : Bullshidoka....

Socks
9/20/2009 9:47pm,
Hi, I'm a 30 year old guy. Long story short, I've spent the better part of the last decade in a downward spiral of depression, alcohol abuse and basically making excuses and blaming everybody/everything around me but myself for my situation.

I certainly did not spend my childhood thinking 'Gee, when I grow up I want to be a pathetic loser piece of ****.' and it's quite upsetting to think of how badly i've let myself down. I just want to feel human again.

I've always had an interest in MA, and plan on it being an integral part of my 'rehabilitation' and the rest of my life thereafter. I have a long road ahead of me, but it's amazing how consistantly taking little steps in the right direction can have such a positive effect on the psyche.

Anyway I want to thank you all for making BS.com such a great resource, and hope to share my future experiences with the MA's with you all.

I'd like to close by paraphrasing Tony Montana: There is nothing you can do to me, that I have not already done.

Socks.

emre_mishima
9/21/2009 5:01am,
wellcome to bullshido.
I think this quote form Helio Gracie:"It is only with a lot of training and dedication we can achieve something.A brave man,a real fighter is not measured by how many times he fall, but how many times he stand up.Always be ready to fight,to win or to forgive when necessary.Good luck".

1point2
9/21/2009 6:37am,
Welcome and good luck with your life.

Nicko1
9/21/2009 10:02am,
Hi man. The problem I found when ceasing substance abuse was what to do with all that time I used to spend out of my skull. Sounds like you've considered this. Good luck mate.

Socks
9/22/2009 7:19pm,
Thanks for the warm reception people.

Nicko, I hear you there. I used to smoke a lot of weed as well, and that was really difficult to stop. Everything i used to enjoy doing when i smoked became boring all of a sudden. I am having a much easier time off alcohol, and feeling better and better every day without it.

The big one for me is gonna be cigarettes. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, and hopefully with a little help from the patches my mind will be strong enough to resist.

I've found a good BJJ class nearby, so it's cardio, cardio, cardio for a few weeks (I don't think I'd last five minutes on the mat in my current state) and then I'm gonna go check it out.

cheers again dudes..

Socks
9/22/2009 7:24pm,
sorry, double post

johnevans
9/22/2009 8:09pm,
Congratulations on getting your life together man! I would encourage you not to despair or get discouraged if you have trouble quitting cigs all at once (even with the help of a patch, gum, or medication). There are a lot of good strategies out there for quitting that involve slowly decreasing your intake as well, and I've seen things like that work for a lot of people. Good luck!