PDA

View Full Version : gadzooks.. your all crazy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Newtons cradle
9/01/2009 6:40pm,
I've been reading these posts for a few days now, I've gone from full on hysterical laughter to a sense of superiority over some of the sub-moronic teen' type responses that surprise me coming from martial artists. I have studied the, apparently useless, style of _ing _chun for quite a while. About 12 years ago copies of UFC 1 started to circulate around my club and EVERYONE was interested; we all saw that grapplers really do win in the end if you don't drop them first. By the of time UFC 3 I was lucky enough to be able to train with a bona fide Gracie school of BJJ teacher. I also never stopped my W.C.
In my W.C. class we've have boxers, Karateka, TKD'ers etc over the years, some have been very tasty and some have been complete shite. A martial art can teach you how to fight effectively but ultimately its combination of the person and the teaching method that decides how good you will be.
MMA fighters are true athletes who train full time in the business of fighting, I would not volunteer to get in the ring with Wanderlai Silva at his peak. Having said that I would not like to fight either my W.C or my BJJ teacher either. I'll take take the road ragers and pub hardmen, this is were W.C. works for me.

Let the Bulshido begin, rip me to pieces great ones.:5camoufla

Tom Kagan
9/01/2009 7:42pm,
I'll take take the road ragers and pub hardmen, this is were W.C. works for me.

In order to gain the respect of the fighting community, a style must repeatedly show:

The elites of the style competitive with the elites of other styles.
A demonstrable and consistent increase in fighting ability for the average practitioner.
Less dorks produced.

Until then, whatever style which does not show these three points deserves every criticism, both called and uncalled for, from the fighting community.

If whatever W.C. you happen to be training does not work against an opponent of skill at or near your own level within the same agreed to rules, then you happen to be learning a piece of unadulterated ****.

And, if all you know is that it works against the untrained scrubs you've been beating up, whatever W.C. you happen to be learning is nothing to feel superior about. In fact, this piece, which for obvious reasons you probably are unable to provide proof or examples, just makes you another dork failing test #3.

lionknight
9/01/2009 8:53pm,
I've been reading these posts for a few days now, I've gone from full on hysterical laughter to a sense of superiority over some of the sub-moronic teen' type responses that surprise me coming from martial artists. I have studied the, apparently useless, style of _ing _chun for quite a while. About 12 years ago copies of UFC 1 started to circulate around my club and EVERYONE was interested; we all saw that grapplers really do win in the end if you don't drop them first. By the of time UFC 3 I was lucky enough to be able to train with a bona fide Gracie school of BJJ teacher. I also never stopped my W.C.
In my W.C. class we've have boxers, Karateka, TKD'ers etc over the years, some have been very tasty and some have been complete shite. A martial art can teach you how to fight effectively but ultimately its combination of the person and the teaching method that decides how good you will be.
MMA fighters are true athletes who train full time in the business of fighting, I would not volunteer to get in the ring with Wanderlai Silva at his peak. Having said that I would not like to fight either my W.C or my BJJ teacher either. I'll take take the road ragers and pub hardmen, this is were W.C. works for me.

Training to only fight the lowest common denominator is never a good idea.

alex
9/02/2009 5:45am,
blah blah i have the real chun again? fucks sake, there needs to be some kind of filter for this

Yoj
9/02/2009 5:47am,
I am spartacus!

Lebell
9/02/2009 5:55am,
I've been reading these posts for a few days now, I've gone from full on hysterical laughter to a sense of superiority over some of the sub-moronic teen' type responses that surprise me coming from martial artists.

It surprises you?
just re-read the rest of your own post, cos it's full of it!
here we go!

I have studied the, apparently useless, style of _ing _chun for quite a while. About 12 years ago copies of UFC 1 started to circulate around my club and EVERYONE was interested; we all saw that grapplers really do win in the end if you don't drop them first.

OMG!
Did you just find the grapplers achillesheel?

By the of time UFC 3 I was lucky enough to be able to train with a bona fide Gracie school of BJJ teacher. I also never stopped my W.C.

Dumbass.
That phrase started out so well.

In my W.C. class we've have boxers, Karateka, TKD'ers etc over the years, some have been very tasty and some have been complete shite.

I don't think so, i think you have people in your ing un class that had a couple of boxing lessons, karate etc.
No way a proper boxer would believe in the crappy flailing that is ing un.
Well you wouldnt know about that would you?

A martial art can teach you how to fight effectively but ultimately its combination of the person and the teaching method that decides how good you will be.

Not just ' a martial art' only specific systems, w.c. simply does not work because of flawed stances and strikes.

MMA fighters are true athletes who train full time in the business of fighting, I would not volunteer to get in the ring with Wanderlai Silva at his peak.

Hidden arrogance: you would do so if he's off his peak?
Because thats what your formulation implies.

Having said that I would not like to fight either my W.C or my BJJ teacher either. I'll take take the road ragers and pub hardmen, this is were W.C. works for me.

really? w.c. works for you on road ragers and pub hard men?
i don't believe you.

more hidden arrogance and passive agressive.

starting out by saying ' you probably won't believe this' doesnt add to your credibility, you still have some dumbass ideas.

spidersfrommars
9/02/2009 5:55am,
In my W.C. class we've have boxers, Karateka, TKD'ers etc over the years, some have been very tasty

Oh god! Cannibalistic chuners!

Lebell
9/02/2009 5:57am,
Oh god! Cannibalistic chuners!

i wish they would feed on their own...

spidersfrommars
9/02/2009 5:58am,
i wish they would feed on their own...

Unfortunately they're like zombies and only go after those with a functioning brain (obviously ruling out other chuners)

Lebell
9/02/2009 6:05am,
there was this hot asian girl who did the chun, she starred in a nike comercial,can we have pics of her instead?

Purpleskunk
9/02/2009 6:08am,
Op, years totaled, how long have you trained bjj? Asking only for the record.

Siniq
9/02/2009 6:19am,
My all crazy? LEARN to SPELL " 'RE " !!!!!!

Kambei Shimada
9/02/2009 6:28am,
Your post reeks of insecurity.

Where do you train BJJ and what rank do you hold?

Where do you train Wing Chun? Do you spar regularly? and how long have you been training?

How fitting that post 666 ends up on a Wing Chun thread.

Lebell
9/02/2009 6:40am,
Your post reeks of insecurity.

LOL! 100 points!

' Ehr..okay you guiz, you can drop the attitude now, cos i ..i ehr..well you know, ing un isnt REALLY that bad right?
i've been ehr doing bjj and it was okay, so perhaps you can drop the mask and be complimentary about my style..?
like..ehr..whenever it's okay with you guiz?'

FlipSide84
9/02/2009 6:41am,
Im not sure if my sifu is teaching a different wing chun or what, but i dont believe that the video really shows a correct wing chun punch. I was taught using triangle footwork using alot more hip rotation with body weight on the lead hip. Most of the power comes from the rotation and very little actual release.

im not seeing his feet turn with his punches either.. Maybe i havent been in the game long enough. Still i believe that the video is another poor demo of wing chun.

He sounds like another wing chun sifu scavenger only teaching middle aged office workers that will never use it.

Even his boxing punches were off key.

About the arm punch thing, i say definately not. My sifu basicly teaches us to use our hips to throw the elbow. With a release of around 3 fists from your body. Also to come in to the opponents centerline from an angle not straight forward.

Correct me if im wrong but theres much better wing chun than this bs.

FlipSide84
9/02/2009 7:05am,
He also say we dont use blocks at all. WTF than what is bong sao, tan sao, pak sao, jut sao just to name a few BLOCKS. Most of wing chun from what i understand is after a block has succeeded. Why do we do so many lap sao drills.

When we spar on wed. nights the whole class uses some sort of block. We have many other styles on sparring night. Mostly boxing tae kwon do and jui jit su with our wing chun. Without what we call pak n' chop or pak n' trap im not sure what i would do against a boxer if stayed in wing chun during my sparring. Pak sao owns that fast flicker jab all day every day. Bong sao owns the " 1,2 punch" Without block wing chun wouldnt work.

bah im ranting sorry, just hate modern wing chun because its more sold than taught.