PDA

View Full Version : Hi, style wudang taichi probably be a lurker

nordoff
8/31/2009 4:25pm,
Found this site from the bobby blythe links.

Been doing wudang style tai chi chuan for about 5 or 6 years on and off (mainly off but at least 2 years on)
My instructor was taught by one of hong kong's Cheng Tin Hung's students Dan Docherty.
last competed in british opens in 2006 open weight at 16st0, lost 7-3 in fixed step to the guy who eventually won the finals, lost in the moving steps semi finals (4-2) to the sifu below my own instructor (bad luck being placed against him) but the first person to teach me.

Since then spent a lot of time eating pies and studying engineering.....
1 HNC in mech eng and a belly later I've started going back to lessons again recently.
Me necks still sore from that 7 stars/stroking the lute application.
British opens 2010? maybe.

Rivington
8/31/2009 5:29pm,
Welcome! Don't be shy either.

nordoff
8/31/2009 5:36pm,
The last martial arts forum I was on I offered some advice on the weighted punching techniques I've been taught for punching stamina and got shot down as a newb so I tend to save me breath these days and wait around to get a feel for the place first.

Orbz
9/01/2009 2:07am,
Hi Nordoff,
We share the same tai chi lineage; I'm taught from one of Chen Ting Hung's students.

What's the weighted punching technique? It should be safe in this forum, it is for Noobs!

nordoff
9/01/2009 1:59pm,
4kg each hand (6kg when y're used to it) 2.5 punches a second for 20 minutes shoulders relaxed, aimed to teach you to turn your waist when punching instead of just using the arms. Just use the arms and you'll feel tennis elbow the next day.
Good for drilling how the waist turns when you use the arms with the waist to divert a punch in 7 stars.

thaclient
9/01/2009 3:17pm,
Nordoff:

Welcome to Bullshido! Also, there's a subforum dedicated to Chinese Martial Arts that you might find interesting. You click on "Traditional Style Forums" on the top of the page and look for the Chinese flag. That forum has a lot of good and serious discussion of CMAs which I think you'll appreciate.

Also, you should probably fill in your Location field so other Bullies know where you're from, and if you feel like it you can review your school.

nordoff
9/01/2009 4:10pm,
Nordoff:

Welcome to Bullshido! Also, there's a subforum dedicated to Chinese Martial Arts that you might find interesting. You click on "Traditional Style Forums" on the top of the page and look for the Chinese flag. That forum has a lot of good and serious discussion of CMAs which I think you'll appreciate.

Also, you should probably fill in your Location field so other Bullies know where you're from, and if you feel like it you can review your school.

:icon_thum
I'll have a butchers.