PDA

View Full Version : Ok, can we just all act like adults here?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

King Sleepless
8/31/2009 12:56pm,
Smoking pot does not give you magic grappling prowess. Could we, as a society of reasonable martial artists, all just agree about this and move on?

Jesus Christ.

Suprore
8/31/2009 1:18pm,
One of the blue belts i trained with in my relatively short (6months) time training bjj tended to show up to roll stoned

he was a pretty cool guy and had a tendency to get demolished and made fun of by everyone sober

Res Judicata
8/31/2009 1:24pm,
But this one time, years ago, Eddie Bravo tapped out Royler Gracie. And then was demolished by the next guy he faced and has never done anything of substance since. Eddie says pot is great for jiujitsu.

Odacon
8/31/2009 1:31pm,
Whoa... you just said a lot there man, let me, let me, hold on a sec... what was i saying?

King Sleepless
8/31/2009 1:32pm,
lol, nevermind, it helps you relax and be focused.

Lebell
8/31/2009 1:35pm,
nah man, like, sirc, you like ' don't get it' okay?
it's the thc in the pot that like get's you aligned with the cosmic vibes, cosmic vibes are vibrations like a radiofrequency, and the thc in the pot helps you to like ' tune in'.
so if you imagine a bjj roll to be a disharmonous strife for like ' domination', then you could say that the thc in the pot sorta like makes you all mellow and it will be easier too 'go with the flow.'

im hungry, anyone got chocolate?

turok
8/31/2009 1:37pm,
well, only weed you should ONLY smoke is your own weed you have grown, not from anybody else EVER, or from the doctor

grow your own...or doctor medical pot (wich you need a reasonable excuse to get medical pot) why do I say this? people are mean and can put stuff in your weed and can really mess you up mentally.

I never smoked weed before, I know some people who do...and they grow it
do I recomend it? nah...weed slows down your nervous system and can slow your reaction time. It can also make you dumb

I am no weed professional but I heard about this

but lets be honest, weed is a plant...not a drug

King Sleepless
8/31/2009 1:39pm,
Weed, like any other escape from reality, just makes you want to go there more and more.

It doesn't give you magic grappling power.

Matt Phillips
8/31/2009 1:41pm,
Wait, did I go for that sub or just plan it?

Suprore
8/31/2009 1:45pm,
Weed, like any other escape from reality, just makes you want to go there more and more.

Reality's subjective, bro. You've got to get out of this socio-conformist real or not real headtrip that's been put down on you all these years, like, it's all just another bandwidth, you dig? Nothing's real bro, it's all just conditioning, and you gotta break that headgame the man's putting down on you before you can be real creative, cause you're being stifled by your binary perception of the world, okay man?

Ming Loyalist
8/31/2009 1:48pm,
i think eddie bravo's school has the best excuse for not competing, ever (yes, i know they compete, this is my attempt at humor)

"we can't compete because of the piss tests, which are unfair and discriminate against our training methods!"

wait till the ninjas figure that one out. no more claims of "too deadly for the ring", they can all be replaced with "too stoned for the ring"

King Sleepless
8/31/2009 1:48pm,
Nah i'm pretty sure everything is a shithole waiting to happen and peppered with bits of hahas.

Lebell
8/31/2009 2:15pm,
I never smoked weed before, I know some people who do...and they grow it
do I recomend it? nah...weed slows down your nervous system and can slow your reaction time. It can also make you dumb

i never smoke pot neither, its just, i live like above this ' coffeeshop' and we have like this 'ventilation' problem.
hehehe i have no idea why thats funny but i laugh anyway.

I am no weed professional but I heard about this

but lets be honest, weed is a plant...not a drug

So where do most components for drugs come from?
Jupiter?

asator
8/31/2009 2:20pm,
So, wait, are you trying to say that beer doesn't make me better looking, stronger and invincible?

Zapruder
8/31/2009 2:23pm,
Well, technically, you are wrong. Smokin herb will let you achieve your maximum heart rate faster and sustain it longer. There is also the "zone" it can put you in, but that is subjective so isnt as important as the fact that it DOES give an ability to go faster longer.

There are other brain effects and body effects too, and I will be more than happy to prove you more wrong if you like....just let me know.

Snake Plissken
8/31/2009 2:39pm,
Choc-A-Dile breaks