PDA

View Full Version : nmorse's introduction

nmorse
8/15/2009 7:14pm,
Hey, I'm nmorse and this is my introduction thread.

A friend of mine showed me this website years ago and as I just began studying Jeet Kune Do (won't list lineage, have no desire to join arguments about what has happened to it) I thought I'd finally get an account and see what it's like.

I'm currently in the process of joining the Army and am looking for a martial art that will complement and enhance Army Combatives.

I guess that's pretty much it.

Crushing Step
8/16/2009 7:41am,
Nobody will fight you here in newbietown bro.

For army combatives, I don't suppose you'll see much in the way of martial arts. Techniques are going to be easy to remember and widely applicable. Though my brother's aikido staff training help him out in the pugil stick training, he never lost!

What are you going to do in the army?

nmorse
8/16/2009 8:29pm,
I'm going in as a 35x. I'm not sure yet if I want to be a 35p or 35n but I do want to go to DLI.

nmorse
10/05/2009 8:16pm,
To follow up to this, I was PDQ'd for acid reflux, so no Army for me for now, which leaves me with a lot of free time I was using to study up on the military. I think I'll use that extra time and energy to really focus on my MA.

Crushing Step
10/08/2009 8:20am,
Ah well, thanks for being willing to serve. So many people wouldn't have even tried.