PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, we get this up here too.

Ronin
1/28/2004 8:00am,
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2004/01/27/327048-cp.html

New B.C. pig farm horror

By TERRI THEODORE

VANCOUVER (CP) - The remains of nine more women have been found, police said Tuesday, raising the possibility of more charges against the pig farmer accused of being Canada's worst serial killer.

Only six of the nine have been identified. The six were among more than 60 women who have disappeared from the drug-infested Downtown Eastside neighbourhood. All six were found on the farm owned by Robert Pickton and his brother and sister.

Police aren't saying whether the other three victims' DNA was found at the farm. Those women haven't yet been identified.

Robert Pickton is charged with 15 counts of first-degree murder in the missing women case.

The Crown has told a judge it plans to lay an additional seven counts against Pickton, charges that stemmed from evidence heard during Pickton's preliminary hearing last year.

The nine women whose remains were noted by police Tuesday are not included in those 22 counts.

Vancouver police Det. Const. Sheila Sullivan said the families of the six who have been identified have been alerted.

Pickton's next court appearance is June 28.

Terry Hughes' sister-in-law is Kerry Koski was reported missing in January 1998. He said the family was notified by police that Kerry's remains are among the six.

He said the family thought all along that her remains would be found at the farm.

"You always hope that she's not because of the way things were but the family thought she was there," he said.

The news still hit the family hard, however.

"It is very upsetting," Koski said.

"Everybody has said it's closure and it will be eventually but today it's not closure. Today it's as if something had happened yesterday to Kerry, to the family."

He said police didn't tell the family whether charges would be laid.

"The only thing that they have told us is that they've moved Kerry's disappearance into a murder investigation."

The others have been identified as: Yvonne Boen, reported missing in March 2001; Andrea Borhaven, reported missing in May 1999; Wendy Crawford, reported missing in December 1999; Dawn Crey, reported missing in December 2000; and Cara Ellis, last seen in 1997.

Sullivan said police believe the three unidentified victims are women who are missing but haven't yet been reported missing to police.

She said people should contact police if they suspect someone they know is missing and has not been reported.

"The description would be that of a young woman - who family and friends believe may have been addicted to drugs or was involved in the sex trade - and who hasn't been heard from since before February of 2002."

Meanwhile, police identified another women whose remains were found in 1988 in Vancouver.

Taressa Ann Williams was among the 60 names on the missing women's list.

"We want to stress that we have uncovered no evidence to date that links this case with the farm property located in Port Coquitlam," RCMP Const. Catherine Galliford said.

The missing women's case was ignited by a massive police raid on the Pickton farm Feb. 6, 2002. Pickton was charged with the first two murders Feb. 22, 2002.

Investigators wrapped up a massive excavation and search of the farm in November.

A large part of the property now has subdivision developments surrounding it that have been built in the last few years.

The property is located near the confluence of the Pitt and Fraser Rivers, a 45-minute drive east of Vancouver.

Pickton is charged with the murders of Sereena Abotsway, Mona Wilson, Diane Rock, Jacqueline McDonell, Heather Bottomley, Andrea Joesbury, Brenda Wolfe, Jennifer Furminger, Helen Hallmark, Patricia Johnson, Georgina Papin, Heather Chinnock, Tanya Holyk, Sherry Irving and Inga Hall.

While some of the women were reported missing almost immediately, others weren't noticed until weeks and sometimes months after they disappeared.

The charges against Pickton so far are four more than the number admitted to by Canada's most notorious serial killer, Clifford Olson.

Vargas
1/28/2004 8:53am,
A tall tree and a rope, that's all you need. . .

Stick
1/28/2004 11:02am,
Holy crap.

Ronin
1/28/2004 1:05pm,
I think he has killed more than the green river killer, no?

Dochter
1/28/2004 1:45pm,
at least 31? CHEERIST!

Pandinha
1/28/2004 2:02pm,
It's really fucked up. I played a golf course that ran right next to his farm in Port Coquitlam. I lived 10 KM away.

I went to my gf's friends house that was next to it when it first happened. RCMP everywhere, and the place was floodlit 24/7.

I remember reading about the anti freeze he used to inject in his victims so their blood would just congeal.

Some people should be shot and their family sent the bill for the bullet.

blankslate
1/28/2004 2:04pm,
Feed his ass to those pigs.

Ronin
1/28/2004 2:05pm,
Originally posted by blankslate
Feed his ass to those pigs.

Nah, the animal rights people would freak out, you can do that to innocent pigs.

samuraiforhire
1/28/2004 5:17pm,
"I think he has killed more than the green river killer, no?" (posted by ronin69)

Yeah, green river killer is only responsible for 49. You Canadians don't freak out often, but when you do you do it on a grand scale.

Freddy
1/28/2004 6:23pm,
Yeah its fucked up.

Too many goddam serial killers around. Like it makes you wonder how some people can be soo screwed up to kill people at random. I could understnad if someone did something to another person and he gets pissed off and kills him. But for serials killers who kill people whom he even doesnt know, who never did anything to him is just fucked up; Killing people just for the fun of it!

Yep I agree get a rope!

xNathanx
1/28/2004 7:05pm,
Originally posted by Anthony
Some people should be shot and their family sent the bill for the bullet.

Agreed, but I don't think Canada has the death penalty do they? Somebody should get rid of him though.

IndoChinese
1/28/2004 7:12pm,
what's a bullet cost? a quarter?

just have him dig a hole.

FingerorMoon?
1/28/2004 7:41pm,
I bet he did TKD.

Stick
1/28/2004 10:08pm,
I hate you FoM...

j/k

Also, i thought the green river killer had been convicted with like some 80 odd counts of murder?