PDA

View Full Version : So why can't we go to Cuba?

Pages : [1] 2

patfromlogan
1/26/2004 11:49am,
On January 22 the Senate passed the Fiscal Year 2004 omnibus appropriations bill.. Funds had been appropriated for the Military ("Defense"), Homeland Security, Military Construction, Energy and Water, Interior, and the Legislative branch. Congress also passed two supplemental appropriations bills to fund the Iraq war. However, many domestic and foreign aid spending bills were put off until now.

The drafting process of the bill, which overturned provisions won by majority votes in Congress is undemocratic and sucks. Two items were shut down. One is the Native American health care funding and the other is the Cuban travel ban. Both the House and the Senate passed measures ending the Cuban travel ban. In committee, under pressure from the Admnistration, they removed the provisions that would have ended the ban.

Yippie for freedom and democracy.

I guess Cuba is so dangerous (and the hookers so cheap) that we have to be protected from even going there.

LLL
1/26/2004 11:52am,
Cigars are hazardous to your health... just ask W.J. Clinton...

Stick
1/26/2004 11:56am,
I'm fairly certain that regular cigar smoking actually helps prevent prostate cancer... or it could be something completely different, I don't know.

patfromlogan
1/26/2004 11:59am,
Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
I'm fairly certain that regular cigar smoking actually helps prevent prostate cancer... or it could be something completely different, I don't know.

I don't think it's the smoking the cigar that helps prevent prostrate cancer, it's the deep massage. I'll have to ask Vargas what kind of lubricant is best.

The Wastrel
1/26/2004 12:04pm,
Cuba...too bad Florida's a battleground state, or we might actually have some intelligent Cuba policy.

Freddy
1/26/2004 1:05pm,
Cigars are okay. Its a gift from the Gods. The sweet aroma of good tobacco. hymmmmm

ackkaaa hakkaa akka akka akka (choking on cigar smoke):D

blankslate
1/26/2004 1:45pm,
Those Cuban women....

Ronin
1/26/2004 2:01pm,
Cuba is a beautiful place, I hope you guys know what you are missing.
The people are friendly and the beaches are great.

LLL
1/26/2004 2:05pm,
...Just like Finland, in other words.

;)

rainfall
1/26/2004 3:26pm,
I guess Congress just doesn't want to see Cuba's economy and tourism industry supported with American tourist money.

I think if you are a member of the press you can go. Even still, you have to go via Mexico, or some other country that has flights to Cuba...

Vargas
1/26/2004 7:16pm,
Why go to Cuba? You can get Cuban cigars at the gas station just before the truck/bus crossing near White Rock, British Columbia. Granted, you have to put up with the surly U.S. Customs guys when you cross back over, but it's a small price to pay.

Deadpan Scientist
1/26/2004 7:55pm,
But then you have to go to canada.

Nihilanthic
1/26/2004 7:58pm,
Except for enforced sissy-ness, Canada isn't so bad.

I'm still in awe that there are actually gangs there without guns. But, that means that Martial Arts ARE applicable to the real world™ there, BTW.

Deadpan Scientist
1/26/2004 8:30pm,
Lets compare the temperature in cuba and british columbia right now, shall we?

Vargas
1/26/2004 8:40pm,
Just wait four months, then compare the temps. Hmm, humid as hell and 95+ vs. balmy 70-80 with a nice sea breeze. I was in Vancouver two weeks ago and I went running in shorts and a t-shirt, so I'm definitely a fan of B.C. weather.

Nid
1/26/2004 10:07pm,
Porque Cubanos viven alla!!