PDA

View Full Version : reportback: Keystone State Games Judo

Hedgehogey
7/26/2009 7:57pm,
Amazingly I have no long diatribe a bout how Judoka have all become ivory tower elitists or whatever. I just went, had four matches, won two, and due to the round robin nature of the tourney, won first in my division.

Matches-

1: I face a guy with machine gun seoinage. He hits them over and over again with a lot of speed. He gets waza ari with one that literally makes my whole arm go numb. Hurriedly falling back on my training like an alcaholic on St. Paddy's, I armbar him.

2: I fall back to try to armbar the same time my opponent goes for osoto gari. His is successful, mine isn't.

3: I find out that you can score with a shitty single leg if you kiai with verve and gusto. After a couple of those, I pass my opponent's guard and he goes oddly limp. Win by osae komi.

4: I'm sitting too low on my ass in my stance and get immediately dumped on it with ouchi.

1point2
7/26/2009 8:41pm,
My coach says that if you're going to lose, lose by ippon--at least you went for it.

Nice writeup. Did no one else in the division win 2? My bracket-math is failing to figure out how many participants were in your division.

OSPF
7/29/2009 12:22pm,
Amazingly I have no long diatribe a bout how Judoka have all become ivory tower elitists or whatever. I just went, had four matches, won two, and due to the round robin nature of the tourney, won first in my division.

Matches-

1: I face a guy with machine gun seoinage. He hits them over and over again with a lot of speed. He gets waza ari with one that literally makes my whole arm go numb. Hurriedly falling back on my training like an alcaholic on St. Paddy's, I armbar him.

2: I fall back to try to armbar the same time my opponent goes for osoto gari. His is successful, mine isn't.

3: I find out that you can score with a shitty single leg if you kiai with verve and gusto. After a couple of those, I pass my opponent's guard and he goes oddly limp. Win by osae komi.

4: I'm sitting too low on my ass in my stance and get immediately dumped on it with ouchi.

Good Job Hedge.
I considered going but unfortunately life got in the way. If you can manage it, you should fight in the The Shufu Eastern Open on the 5th of Sept.

Kilbourn
7/29/2009 12:40pm,
Nice work, but no vids? :(