PDA

View Full Version : Lurking end, posting start?

DDangelo
7/23/2009 11:09pm,
Hi bullies, i've been training BJJ for only about a month now, but this site was very helpful to me in deciding where I should go, so thanks. Throwdowns look super fun, but I figure I should probably make a post here before I try and show up and one, so here it is. I hope I can contribute something to this community in the future.

u1ysses
7/23/2009 11:20pm,
Welcome... as someone who lurked, opened an account, and then lurked even longer, you'll find the community's even better when you participate in it.

Also, you don't have to do this immediately, but you should consider a supporting membership. If you aren't already doing so, you should keep a training log. IF you're a bit of a douchebag like me and don't like to write things that people won't read other than yourself, you should know that supporting members get access to group training logs, and all the fun of the support network in that mini-forum - it's a huge plus especially when you're getting going, as if you're having trouble with a technique, pretty regularly someone is able to say "Hey, I was having trouble with that, too -- here are 5 youtube videos to watch!"