PDA

View Full Version : el blano tigre's first thread

el blanco tigre
7/23/2009 12:12pm,
Hello, this is el blanco tigre. i am new to this, but maybe we can forge some new friendships. from 1977 to 1981, i was stationed at pearl harbor in the navy. never was a drinker or partyer, so i decided to study fighting arts. i studied under, and was promoted to shodan by Marino Tiwanak in 1980. discharged from the navy in 1981 and studied in rhode island under Bill Gregory, until his death in 2001. am currently godan in kajukenbo, but for past several years have periodically trained in Muay Thai under mark dellagrotte in somerville ma. also studied traditional jiu jutsu under Rocco Parillo in early 1990's. today, my training partners and i usually try to just train hard with good workouts to stay in shape.

thaclient
7/23/2009 1:17pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, tigre! Just a couple of things: If you click on the little tab up top that says "Traditional Style Forums" and then scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see that there is a forum that is dedicated [amongst other things] to kajukenbo. You might be able to hook up with some other practitioners over there. If you still train in Muay Thai, even sporadically, you might want to add it to your style field. Also, I'm assuming you are in Mass. since you train at Sityodtong, so you might want to put that in your location field.

Lastly, and I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but I do believe an honorably discharged member of any military service entitles you to a Military badge on your profile. Someone who knows better will probably come along, otherwise you might want to shoot a message to one of the mods after you've been here a little while.

From the sounds of it you'll get along quite well here.

BackFistMonkey
7/23/2009 1:24pm,
Welcome to Bullshido tigre .

... click around , read more than you post , ummm read the stickies at the top of each forum list they should have your name in the title ... and keep your hands up outside of this forum .

best of luck !