PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys use tiger balm often ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

honest_truth
7/21/2009 9:53pm,
i just got one, but under a different brand name. however not sure if mine is considered to be too weak to help, i started using them on my shins after getting sidelined from bruises for a week and the having sensitive shins again.

10% menthol
25% camphor
5% clove oil
5% cassia oil
6% peppermint oil
7% cajuput oil
0.1% NH-solution
41.9% wax and petroleum

Is this considered weak, strong or normal ?
i did apply it and then rub rub rub, but didnt feel a burn :(
(except bruises and bumps hurting like a mother****er)

Kilbourn
7/21/2009 10:07pm,
Back when I was in TKD I used Ultra Strength Bengay which has 10% menthol as its active ingredient, not sure how much Tiger Balm has but Ben works well.

EDIT: When I used Bengay I didn't feel a burn but a warm feeling. The only product I've used that really burns are the IcyHot patches.

hijiri
7/21/2009 10:17pm,
Tiger Balm Rocks.
I have Tiger Balm White and Tiger Balm Red.
Its good for muscle aches but surprisingly good on the temples when one has a headache. I think i have monkey balm from thailand too and it works the same.

NJM
7/21/2009 10:42pm,
I prefer that Muay Thai boxing oil.

honest_truth
7/21/2009 11:15pm,
Tiger Balm Rocks.
I have Tiger Balm White and Tiger Balm Red.
Its good for muscle aches but surprisingly good on the temples when one has a headache. I think i have monkey balm from thailand too and it works the same.

is there a noticeable difference between white and red ?
mine is white, but from what i read on wiki, the formula is nearly identical to red, which is better ?

I prefer that Muay Thai boxing oil.
link ?
price ?
better than TB ?

omoplatypus
7/21/2009 11:16pm,
try rubbing it on your wiener

ironcastknight
7/21/2009 11:33pm,

I tried that once, 2/10 would not try again

All the weird oils and wax messed with the flavor of the mustard, reducing my otherwise delectable pseudosausage, comprised of fifteen percent chicken and eighty five percent assorted small mammal, into a barely edible mess.

Wait, did you mean on the penis? Yeah, I tried that too. Felt fucking fabulous, like I was a new man. You guys should try it too!

As for bruises and martial arts soreness, I just used some generic sportscreme. Worked well enough, though I would have preferred something better.

King Sleepless
7/21/2009 11:56pm,
I use it and I love it. No matter how much it stings.

honest_truth
7/21/2009 11:59pm,
Wait, did you mean on the penis? Yeah, I tried that too. Felt fucking fabulous, like I was a new man. You guys should try it too!

really, fabulous you say ? http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/33.gif
this takes rub rub rub to a whole new level.
will try sometime soon before shower and post back my review.

I use it and I love it. No matter how much it stings.
my problem is, it doesnt sting enough, thus i fear, less useful
i am from the tards who believe no pain = no gain.

King Sleepless
7/22/2009 12:04am,
No, it's just enough. It's great for rubbing out muscle knots, bruises and welts. It works really well.

I like a combination of Icy Hot and Tiger Balm after any kind of training. The Tiger Balm really deadens the nerves and relaxes my muscles enough to let me work them out.

honest_truth
7/22/2009 12:15am,
No, it's just enough. It's great for rubbing out muscle knots, bruises and welts. It works really well.

I like a combination of Icy Hot and Tiger Balm after any kind of training. The Tiger Balm really deadens the nerves and relaxes my muscles enough to let me work them out.

note taken, will apply some before as well and see how it works out for me, thanks for the icy hot tip

svt2026
7/22/2009 4:01pm,
The red Tiger balm works better in my opinion than the White.

NJM
7/22/2009 4:30pm,
is there a noticeable difference between white and red ?
mine is white, but from what i read on wiki, the formula is nearly identical to red, which is better ?

link ?
price ?
better than TB ?
this seems to be the most popular brand http://www.muaythaiart.com/Balm_and_Oil_1932.html

But the kind we use is in a large glass bottle and may be a different brand.

omoplatypus
7/22/2009 7:25pm,
red tiger balm works great on my knees and hamstring.

but, when i put it on my wiener, it doesn't tingle as much as the white balm.

sazahko
7/22/2009 7:32pm,
It would seem some Texan took your advice "accidentally" - today, on textsfromlastnight.com, I saw this:

(512): just accidentally masturbated with tiger balm. best. accident. ever. (http://textsfromlastnight.com/view/50457)

Nice goin', w_k. Your Jedi mind powers apparently work across state lines. ; )

-Sazzy

Ming Loyalist
7/22/2009 8:13pm,
this seems to be the most popular brand http://www.muaythaiart.com/Balm_and_Oil_1932.html

But the kind we use is in a large glass bottle and may be a different brand.

i liked st luke's oil instead of that stuff (green in a glass bottle) and this evil green thai balm that is like tiger balm x 100.

i have a shitload that i got a guy to send me from thailand. no, i won't give/sell you any, that ****'s hard to come by and i'm old and broken and need it all.