PDA

View Full Version : Judo/Boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ In Buffalo, NY? [merged]

madrigan
7/21/2009 5:45pm,
Sorry for the multiple threads, I'm assuming that it's appropriate to post questions about schools of a particular style in the forum that covers that style.

Is there a good place to learn boxing in the Buffalo, NY area? I'm a noob, so it would be good if there was a place that worked with all skill levels rather than one dedicated solely to training competitive fighters.

Thanks.

madrigan
7/21/2009 5:47pm,
Sorry for the multiple threads, I'm assuming that it's appropriate to post questions about schools of a particular style in the forum that covers that style.

What's a good place for beginning Judo in the Buffalo, NY area? I've seen older threads that praise Kin-Tora Fitness Center; is that place still living up to its reputation? Any other good schools?

Thanks.

madrigan
7/21/2009 5:50pm,

I'm also not sure this is the right forum. It's the only one that mentions MT in the description, though. Except for that other forum I'm sure I overlooked.

Anyway, is there a good Muay Thai school in the Buffalo, NY area? Good for a beginner, I mean. The nearest one I can find that looks good is in St. Catherines.

Thanks.

madrigan
7/21/2009 5:54pm,

I'm also not sure this is the right forum. It's the only one that mentions BJJ in the description, though. Except for that other forum I'm sure I overlooked.

Anyway, is there a good BJJ school in the Buffalo, NY area? Good for a beginner, I mean. I found Buffalo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy. Any experience with them?

Thanks.

Tom Kagan
7/21/2009 6:35pm,
Don't do that.

Vorpal
7/21/2009 7:02pm,
Don't do that.

Tom it

Vorpal
7/21/2009 7:02pm,
Don't do that.

should look

Vorpal
7/21/2009 7:03pm,
Don't do that.

like this

BaronVonDingDong
7/21/2009 8:11pm,
University at Buffalo Boxing Club, open to students and non-students alike for a laughably small yearly fee.

The training is very flexible, and while they have an extremely successful (nationally ranked) fighting team, they also have a ton of old schlubs like me who go to just keep in shape and get beaten around a bit. Lots of noobs, very diverse and friendly, a higher IQ than your average boxing club by virtue of its university clientele, yet it still retains that authentic jockstrap smell, plenty of choice language, and giant cockroaches you have to wrestle with to get into the changing rooms (teh re4l grapple!!). The coach is excellent, and a very good with new guys.

It's in Clark Hall on South Campus.

madrigan
7/22/2009 6:31am,
Don't do that.

Acknowledged.

NickelCityBJJ
11/23/2010 1:33pm,
www.NickelCityBJJ.blogspot.com (http://www.NickelCityBJJ.blogspot.com) Nova Uniao Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes located at Kin-Tora Martial Arts and Fitness on Niagara St