PDA

View Full Version : Bias, Black Belt Tags, and other issues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

foxguitar
7/20/2009 12:23pm,
Im not saying who is right or wrong in this matter . but the thing that amazes me is how many of these posters are so anti traditional martial arts . Well he is only a karate guy so he must suck . And believe me Im not saying or even cares who would win a "death match kumite".
But jeeze there are legitimate traditional martial arts not everything is MMA or BJJ .
Some of you guys are so biased its laughable.

wingchundo
7/20/2009 12:27pm,
Im not saying who is right or wrong in this matter . but the thing that amazes me is how many of these posters are so anti traditional martial arts . Well he is only a karate guy so he must suck . And believe me Im not saying or even cares who would win a "death match kumite".
But jeeze there are legitimate traditional martial arts not everything is MMA or BJJ .

Please point out where anyone is slagging traditional martial arts as a whole in this thread.

Thanks.

Gabetuno
7/20/2009 12:34pm,

1) BJJ is technically a traditional MA, as is Judo, which, from what I gather, is one of the disciplines of the OP.

2) We are biased against assholes and **** heels who hide behind the guise of TMA, and use it as an excuse for being said expletives. This guy is a cock-sore to the Nth degree, and he justifies it with "traditional teaching methods" yadda yadda.

3) What this really boils down to is he is a power hungry douche with a hard-on for being called Sensei. He's one of many, and he and his kind are the scourge of martial arts, traditional or otherwise.

It is Fake
7/20/2009 12:40pm,
This is a LOL thread.

I'm going to cull these posts and whoever wants to get into this debate.....again can.

Yes, I know anal but, we don't need another Karate<TMA> vs MMA modern blah blah blah.

foxguitar
7/20/2009 12:45pm,
I hope nobody thinks I was knocking MMA or BJJ I think both are awsome . I was just stating what I feel is a anti TMA bias.
I don't know this particular Sensei . I heard of his Dojo , and I work the pct where his son did fend off 4 muggers a few years back and it did get press in the local newsrag here on LI.

It is Fake
7/20/2009 12:54pm,
anyhow you seem to understood what my post said as you indicate it was a complex variant of Gojo Joe's and that is good enough for me... so booya! you win... stop beating me up now ouch ouch!!!! :happy6:I understood your point after you related it to Goju's post not before.

I hope nobody thinks I was knocking MMA or BJJ I think both are awsome . I was just stating what I feel is a anti TMA bias.
I don't know this particular Sensei . I heard of his Dojo , and I work the pct where his son did fend off 4 muggers a few years back and it did get press in the local newsrag here on LI.

That same bias that L1 experienced?

MrBadGuy
7/20/2009 1:14pm,
Yes, I know anal but,

lol he said anal butt

I'm sure you do know anal butt

lolololol

It is Fake
7/20/2009 1:19pm,
Yes, I do, I've been reading your post for close to 2 years.

MrBadGuy
7/20/2009 1:50pm,
Ouch. That hurt me.

Hurt me right in my anal butt.

syberia
7/20/2009 1:52pm,
Ouch. That hurt me.

Hurt me right in my anal butt.

Oh, yeah, IIF is an expert at that.

foxguitar
7/20/2009 5:06pm,
I remember reading that this guy was kinda batshit.
I think he was nicknamed 'the cat' or something.

This is what I mean , no knock against this poster but half the dudes on here dont even know who Yamaguchi sensei was . yes he was nicknamed the cat and he is a legend in Japanese Karate Do Jeeze

It is Fake
7/20/2009 5:29pm,
This is what I mean , no knock against this poster but half the dudes on here dont even know who Yamaguchi sensei was . yes he was nicknamed the cat and he is a legend in Japanese Karate Do Jeeze

Wow what a strawman.

foxguitar
7/20/2009 5:34pm,
Wow what a strawman.
who Yamaguchi ? lol

SoylentNinja
7/20/2009 5:56pm,
No your position on how all of us are 'biased against TMAs' is the strawman.

foxguitar
7/20/2009 6:10pm,
No your position on how all of us are 'biased against TMAs' is the strawman.

no its called an opinion . and from what I read in alot of these posts , so get over your bad self.

SoylentNinja
7/20/2009 6:13pm,
However your opinion twists our views into an extreme generalization, thus the the strawman.