PDA

View Full Version : Swordsman of Medieval Europe

Capo Ferro
7/20/2009 4:43pm,
Hi all.
Well, I will introduce myself this way:

I live in Czech Republic. I have studied medieval German school for sword and shield style for 6 years. This includes also heavy weapons such as axes and maces, falchions, malchus', daggers, spears, bucklers and forms of unarmed combat. I also gained basic training with sabre and longsword. Next to the individual combat I have learnt also formations as shieldwall, wedge or counterwedge and so on. This all has been filled with some acrobatic basics. Then I left my colleagues to join the band of pikemen (based on thirty-years war). With them I started to learn some skills with rapier (specialized for Italian School), combination of rapier + dagger and rapier + buckler. I also started to play with rapier + cloak. This band also includes some fighting experiance with pikes and pikemen formations. Now I have started to train more of the 16th and 17th century fencing but I am still ready to take sword and shield.
I am also keen on studying medieval tactics and strategy.

So, thats me. Like it?

adouglasmhor
7/20/2009 5:58pm,
I like, The Czech Republic covers an area that used to have some nice warhammers, ever train with them?

Tersi
7/20/2009 6:02pm,
Oh, welcome!

We were expecting you for quite some time now.

See ya around.

Or not.

You know.

Capo Ferro
7/21/2009 4:04pm,
I like, The Czech Republic covers an area that used to have some nice warhammers, ever train with them?

No, not really. But it is quite similar to other heavy weapons. I used primarily maces.

NoKandu
7/30/2009 6:30am,
No, not really. But it is quite similar to other heavy weapons. I used primarily maces.

Only familiar with Silver's work, knew his stuff, but not comprehensive-and highly opinionated, due to his various treatise being reactionary to italian and other continental guru's being prevalent in england at the time.

Capo Ferro
7/30/2009 3:51pm,
Never heard of him. Could you give some link on his work? I have trained under Master Koza, slovakian master who had rewrite the orginal german manuscripts (such as Talhoffer and others) for the modern ways of teaching.