PDA

View Full Version : UFC 2009: Undisputed. Video Game.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kovacs
7/16/2009 7:27am,
Hi, I don't know if there's a thread out there on this game already but I was wondering if anyones played/got it?

I started playing a week ago and am getting on with it pretty well. It's still very much a 'sim' fighting game so it's reasonably realistic and takes a while to learn everything the game has to offer.

The stand up fighting vastly improved over the previous UFC titles and most boxing titles and finally... the ground game makes sense. Well, sort of; Transitions are a bit random but striking and submissions are very easy to pull off now.

All in all it's really good fighting sim, the best UFC/MMA game so far (fair enough, there's not a huge back catalogue) and the in depth fighter creation makes for some hilarious if spooky match ups.

vile_zoidberg
7/16/2009 8:47am,
Own it. "My judo throws are the best..." aptly describes my general plan: clinch, insane WTFjudo throw to sidecontrol, mount, then beautiful GnP.

Kovacs
7/16/2009 9:52am,
I know what you mean. As soon as the GnP is engaged in that close mount it's curtains.

I picked BJJ for grappling so I have to get them down the old fashioned way (Punch/Kick/Shoot/Rinse/Repeat) but I'm certainly using Judo next time round.

vile_zoidberg
7/16/2009 11:33am,
And the judo style has a sweet mount escape for when your opponent tries to GnP you.

ysc87
7/16/2009 11:47am,
I hear the thai clinch is a little overpowered.

Kovacs
7/16/2009 11:58am,
And the judo style has a sweet mount escape for when your opponent tries to GnP you.

Ah I need that, every fight I've lost is becouse I failed to sprawl quick enough and GnP'd.

So far ysc87, I've found the clinches okay but the Muay Thai whip/knee can make some mysterious knock-outs, it seems a bit over powered but I guess that depends on the stats you're fed into your fighter. Good if you're using a MT fighter I suppose.

foxd
7/16/2009 2:56pm,
Thai Clinch and Double Underhooks with a wrestler have been found to be the strongest things to have in the meta-game.

Thai knees do ridiculous amounts of damage, as do having access to slams that one can escape 1/4th of the time. You **** up, you end up under a dominant position with a chunk of stamina gone.

vile_zoidberg
7/17/2009 1:31am,
I don't really like the muay thai in the game, mostly because it feels agonizingly slow once I actually get someone in a thai clinch. But judo, that is full of awesomeness. I've got my counter-grapple game down to a science, and can end most fights without getting hit while standing. Once my judo/boxer guy gets a clinch, it's over.

counter grappler-throw-side control-mount-high mount-win.

I've been trying to finish a match by KO from a throw, but I just can't seem to get it. I definitely rock the opponent, but can't knock him out. This leads me to constantly clinching, then throwing, then standing back up. I can't wait until I get back stateside and can play on Live.

Mega Leaf
7/17/2009 1:36am,
my guy has Muay Thai and Judo in the game

I do alot of striking cause the grappling is kinda lowthe opponent realizes that at times and tries to take me down....but my striking keeps his grappling at bay.
I LOVE Muay Thai in the gamethe thai kicks are powerfulland when u get very close in striking you can use elbows and knees my guy is super heavyweight with max reach lol.

one thing about UFC:undisputed 09 is when your totaly owning some1 or just simply win they go to thier dashboard or turn off thier xbox so the loss wont get counted on thier record....any1 else experience this? lol

vile_zoidberg
7/17/2009 1:41am,
That would infuriate me. Assholes can't take a loss and get all huffy. If it were me running things, I would give sudden disconnects an immediate loss.

Hesperus
7/17/2009 1:50am,
Can't knock people out with takedowns, upkicks, and nothing but leg kicks for five rounds won't cripple anything.

marcusdbrutus
7/17/2009 2:05am,
We should pool gamertags and beat each other up online.

vile_zoidberg
7/17/2009 2:15am,
I'd love to, but I can't get on Live while I'm here, and even if I could, the connection is ****.

Kovacs
7/17/2009 4:47am,
I'm on Cambo1979 (on a 360 btw).

People leaving before the fight is over is damn annoying! It's just to keep their fan base up, I hope THQ patch to stop the fan base dropping to stop people binning a losing fight.

The MT may be a bit slow, even with 90pc speed my light heavyweight seems a bit sluggish but it generally does some hideous damage with all limbs and moves.

I'll keep MT for my next character but will probably take Judo for my ground game.

Mega Leaf
7/17/2009 9:12am,
I'm on Cambo1979 (on a 360 btw).

People leaving before the fight is over is damn annoying! It's just to keep their fan base up, I hope THQ patch to stop the fan base dropping to stop people binning a losing fight.

The MT may be a bit slow, even with 90pc speed my light heavyweight seems a bit sluggish but it generally does some hideous damage with all limbs and moves.

I'll keep MT for my next character but will probably take Judo for my ground game.

My dude has like 80 str, 80 cardio and 79 speed and the hits are pretty fast for a heavyweight. My record is 45-42 thanks to all the people who have quit (like seriously, 20 people have quit in my game) it ruined my score =( but oh well still enjoy the game tho =)

Mega Leaf
7/17/2009 9:13am,
Can't knock people out with takedowns, upkicks, and nothing but leg kicks for five rounds won't cripple anything.

I hope this is improved on UFC: Undisputed 10