PDA

View Full Version : Removing patches on gi

Keyboardsamurai
7/06/2009 11:36am,
I'm training at a new school (which is awesome!) and was wondering how do I go about removing a patch on my gi? I'm looking to buy a new gi but money's tight. I'm pretty sure its stitched on so any advice?

cyrijl
7/06/2009 12:12pm,
what, what?
You should look for a gi with no patched and buy that one. For regular bjj guys a judo gi will work fine and seldomly have patches.

Jeffrey
7/06/2009 12:43pm,
Go to any sewing or craft store and ask for a stitch remover. It is like a tiny knife gizmo designed to pull out stitches without cutting the fabric. Bring the Gi along and show the folks who work there. They might even do it for you for a few bucks.

If it is ironed on you're screwed.

Sri Hanuman
7/06/2009 12:48pm,
Go to any sewing or craft store and ask for a stitch remover. It is like a tiny knife gizmo designed to pull out stitches without cutting the fabric. Bring the Gi along and show the folks who work there. They might even do it for you for a few bucks.

If it is ironed on you're screwed.

You can also try an exacto knife. Looks a bit like a scalpel, works just as well, and is probably a bit less expensive. That's what I used to remove my old patches. You get it at any arts and crafts stores. I think even Walgreens has em for about $5.

Keyboardsamurai
7/06/2009 3:12pm,
Yeah its stitched on. The gi has patches from my old school which is why I need it removed..my mom stitched it for me =( ..sigh

Anyways, thanks for the advice guys I'll try that out so I won't miss anymore gi classes.