PDA

View Full Version : figured I'd better

MBriefcase
7/04/2009 11:39pm,
Figured I'd better introduce myself before starting a career of lurking. I am a complete martial arts noob, having just started learning wing chun over a year ago because I got sick of sitting smoking pot around all day (have since quit smoking). I'm here to learn as much as I can.

Kilbourn
7/05/2009 12:27am,
Wow. Smoking pot…..or wing chun? I would choose Wing Chun because at least you’re working on speed and good hand eye coordination, both useful in fighting. Hopefully after searching this forum a bit you’ll switch to something more alive. Props on kicking the habit by the way.

ironcastknight
7/05/2009 12:32am,
I support your pursuit of a better lifestyle through martial arts, seeing as how I started karate to stop being so goddamned fat, so good luck and persevere!

Welcome to the forums, too.

wingchundo
7/05/2009 3:12pm,
Figured I'd better introduce myself before starting a career of lurking. I am a complete martial arts noob, having just started learning wing chun over a year ago because I got sick of sitting smoking pot around all day (have since quit smoking). I'm here to learn as much as I can.

Welcome and good luck. You'll find that people here are critical of wing chun (myself included), but don't take it personally.

Part of the beauty of martial arts is discovering truths on your own.

Best of luck.

Tonuzaba
7/05/2009 3:58pm,
Welcome MBriefcase.

Enjoy your stay here and train hard.

Where are you located, where do you train?

MBriefcase
7/16/2009 5:18pm,
Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been in Mexico sans internet access for almost 2 weeks.

I'm in Ohio, and (though I'm a bit reluctant to say it because of all the negative things said on the forums about it) I train at Meng's Martial Arts.