PDA

View Full Version : Full Contact ITF TKD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Matt W.
1/22/2004 9:17am,
Here's a clip of 2 ITF TKD fighting full contact. It was done as an exhibition at a Vale Tudo event!!! Heh, heh. My question, though, is if they really wanted to show the effectiveness of TKD, why not just fight in the event?

Discuss.

Regards,
Matt

Ronin
1/22/2004 9:22am,
Where is the clip dude ?

Halogen
1/22/2004 9:23am,
dude, wheres my clip?

Matt W.
1/22/2004 9:34am,
CRAP!!! Here it is...

http://www.taekwondo.civ.pl/movies/ab2_clip_tkd_puzon_poleszak.wmv

Matt

Raven
1/22/2004 9:37am,
i do that all the time.

KageReaper
1/22/2004 9:43am,
Originally posted by Matt W.
Here's a clip of 2 ITF TKD fighting full contact. It was done as an exhibition at a Vale Tudo event!!! Heh, heh. My question, though, is if they really wanted to show the effectiveness of TKD, why not just fight in the event?

Discuss.

Regards,
Matt

you got a point..while it's not a bad clip..nothing was really proven. He just showed his style was effective against his style. I wondered how many VT guys were laughing slightly at this near that ring. Thought I saw a few.

Black_Rose
1/22/2004 9:47am,
Looks like thier punches where more effective than their kicks, even then their punching isnt that great.Neverthless, i thought it was a cool clip to watch, i think it would be good if most TKD places do that.

Greg
1/22/2004 9:52am,
It looks like overly flamboyant kickboxing.

Hey! Maybe if more TKD people do this it will…

...end up looking just like kickboxing, something that already exists. So why not just train in that in the first place? Gah!

All it proves to me is that Muay Thai is the superior standup art.

Matt W.
1/22/2004 9:57am,
Hey! Maybe if more TKD people do this it will…

...end up looking just like kickboxing, something that already exists. So why not just train in that in the first place? Gah!

Ding! You are correct, sir!! My feelings exactly. Though I do give these guys much props for gettin' in there and mixing it up.

Regards,
Matt

Ronin
1/22/2004 9:59am,
I like the way the start by bouncing around.

KageReaper
1/22/2004 10:03am,
they're focusing their chi in their eyes so they won't fall out when hit

Matt W.
1/22/2004 10:08am,
I like the way the start by bouncing around.

...And immediately stop when the first one gets hit!

Matt

Matt W.
1/22/2004 10:15am,
And was it just me, or did the guy in the blue gloves keep actually asking for a stoppage/standing count? And it seems he just gave up at the end becuase he didn;t want to get hit any more?!? I guess I can't criticize too much, because for all I know I might do the same in that situation. But I've never seen a trained kickboxer just quit like that.

Does that happen much? Is it common? Does that say anything about this guy and his training?

Regards,
Matt

kismasher
1/22/2004 10:22am,
rooooaaaaarrrrrrr

war of the haymakers!!!!!!!

TheHungsta
1/22/2004 10:23am,
I agree, it looks more like kickboxing than anything else.

WingChun Lawyer
1/22/2004 10:30am,
Dude, people fighting does look like kickboxing, and that´s that. Even my sifu fighting looks a bit like a kickboxer, and he is no less a wing chun man for that.