PDA

View Full Version : RIP David Carradine

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Whacker
6/04/2009 11:04am,
Link to article from Reuters. (http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE5534TM20090604)

BANGKOK (Reuters) - U.S. actor David Carradine was found dead, naked and hanging from a rope in the closet of his luxury Bangkok hotel room on Thursday, Thai police said.

Police said they were alerted to the death of the actor -- who starred as the wandering monk in the long-running Kung Fu U.S. television series -- on Thursday morning.

"He was found hanging by a rope in the room's closet," Lieutenant Colonel Pirom Jantrapirom of the Lumpini police station in Bangkok told Reuters.

He said Carradine's body was naked when it was found and there were no signs of any other people in the room. The body has been transferred to a hospital for an autopsy.

U.S. embassy official Michael Turner earlier confirmed Carradine's death and told Reuters that the body had been found at Bangkok's Nailert Hotel.

"I can confirm that David Carradine passed away in Bangkok. We extend our condolences to his family," Turner said.

Carradine had more recently starred in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films as Bill.

(Reporting by Darren Schuettler, editing by Paul Casciato)

That's really damn suspicious. RIP Caine.

Sri Hanuman
6/04/2009 11:05am,
****, suicide? So much for natural causes. This is a sad day.

Phrost
6/04/2009 11:08am,
Wow, I guess I should retroactively award myself Douchebag of the Month for this video then:

YouTube - Bullshido.net Presents - Whats Wrong with the Martial Arts - Episode: Adult Toys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9WbbLkhseU)

leyon
6/04/2009 11:15am,
Move to News, I loved Kung Fu, the Legend Continues :(

Phrost
6/04/2009 11:17am,
It's already on the front page, and there are 3 threads on it.

Man, I'm going to feel like crap if he mentioned that video in his suicide note.

Then I'll get over it after a few minutes because I'm a dick, descended from a long line of dicks, genetically predisposed to be insensitive.

sempaiman
6/04/2009 12:33pm,
"Mandancing" at it's finest...

jkdbuck76
6/04/2009 12:58pm,
It's already on the front page, and there are 3 threads on it.

Man, I'm going to feel like crap if he mentioned that video in his suicide note.

Then I'll get over it after a few minutes because I'm a dick, descended from a long line of dicks, genetically predisposed to be insensitive.

Re-do the vid and put in that song "One Night In Bangkok."

BTW, my boss is in Bangkok right now...... I wonder if I should email him?

Tom .C
6/04/2009 1:03pm,
The latest is that they found a note that said "Hi all, The weather is great, having a wonderful time. Just been surfing the net....wait a minute.....fucking Phrost

crappler
6/04/2009 1:08pm,
That's really sad. Thanks to him, I've been throwing crescent kicks for thirty years. I had a kung-fu lunchbox. What really sucks is the suicide.

DdlR
6/04/2009 1:10pm,
I suspect that the official verdict will be something like "accidental suicide".

RIP.

king of BJJ
6/04/2009 1:18pm,
woah, I loved david carradines movies =/
the kill bill was amazing, and any other ones he made

R.I.P David Carradine

3moose1
6/04/2009 1:29pm,
I guess Kung Fu DOESN'T work.

Permalost
6/04/2009 2:15pm,
I guess Kung Fu DOESN'T work.

Ah, good old suicide related zingers.

Zimmer
6/04/2009 2:25pm,
You've done it now Phrost.

Sri Hanuman
6/04/2009 2:53pm,
I'm not sure which thread, but it's mentioned he also had a rope aroung his genitals, hence, not suicide. It seems he was trying to have a good time, and died trying.

Lebell
6/04/2009 2:57pm,
strangulation sex with ladyboys is never a good idea when you are past your 70ies.