PDA

View Full Version : help my boxing.........................

Pages : [1] 2

smartangel
5/25/2009 7:57pm,
people I think I start to hate boxing because a dont have a good protection and I dont know how to receive a hit
I am a good kicker and chunner and fencer(a really good one)
but when I come to boxe a really dont understand why I have to slip or......
I really whant to know if someone know a good book on boxing plz tell me

Siniq
5/25/2009 8:02pm,
Book? NONONONONO! Go to a gym...

TrueKarateKid
5/25/2009 8:17pm,
Before learning to box, learn grammar and spelling.

SoylentNinja
5/25/2009 8:25pm,
Get yourself to a good boxing gym, a good coach will have you working on some good defense. Punches are not nutritious and/or delicious.

MrBadGuy
5/25/2009 8:31pm,
go to boxing gym............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Mr. Fong
5/25/2009 9:34pm,
Books are a big no no, go to a boxing gym and learn personally....its ok if your reading a book for more info and pointers e.t.c but you will be better off going to a actuall Boxing gym and learn from the instructor =), trust me
its nomral if your a little shy/nervos on the first couple of days
TRAIN HARD

Bugeisha
5/25/2009 9:51pm,
The only way a book is going to help is if you throw it at the other guy to distract him long enough for you to run away.

cyril
5/25/2009 10:00pm,
people I think I start to hate boxing because a dont have a good protection and I dont know how to receive a hit
I am a good kicker and chunner and fencer(a really good one)
but when I come to boxe a really dont understand why I have to slip or......

Start with diet. If you're not eating cheetos(tm) for at least 4 meals a day, you're going to get creamed by those who have their diet straight. You should probably drop that chain punching, but it's not worth it. Do a few thirty-second intervals of shadow boxing in front of the mirror, and try and throw some of those chain punches in there. There's not shortcut to being a good boxer, but stick by this regimen for at least a week, and you'll be ready for the big leagues in no time!

Mr. Fong
5/25/2009 11:11pm,
I shadowbox on my free time =)
listen to these peoples advice, and go to a acctual Boxing (western) gym

theword
5/25/2009 11:13pm,

I think "The Fight" by Norman Mailer is a fantastic read, I would recommend it for someone who wants to read about boxing.

Deadmeat
5/25/2009 11:24pm,
http://www.fighttips.com/downloads/championship-fighting-by-jack-dempsey.pdf

IMightBeWrong
5/26/2009 12:09am,
Before learning to box, learn grammar and spelling.

Don't be silly, Tyson didn't become one of the greatest of all time by SPELLING and... GRAMMARING...

BaronVonDingDong
5/26/2009 8:52am,
I think "The Fight" by Norman Mailer is a fantastic read, I would recommend it for someone who wants to read about boxing.

plus "The Sweet Science" by A.J. Liebling, and "On Boxing" by Joyce Carol Oates.

but take it from me - a professor of English literature - reading books won't do **** for your boxing.

Lu Tze
5/26/2009 10:08am,
dont understand why I have to slipDoes your face hurt after sparring? That's why...

Don't be silly, Tyson didn't become one of the greatest of all time by SPELLING and... GRAMMARING...

No, he got there by listening to Phil Collins.

YouTube - The Hangover, Mike Tyson part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5VeqAk42ZM)

smartangel
5/26/2009 4:51pm,
thank you people for the help .
I have read those book and train in boxing more.but even with these
I think that many movement they have are totally useless like waving .
I create some movement now that combine fencing , Iaido and boxing and more
and I can tell you that boxing don't have a good footwork .

Petter
5/26/2009 4:55pm,
thank you people for the help .
I have read those book and train in boxing more.but even with these
I think that many movement they have are totally useless like waving .
I create some movement now that combine fencing , Iaido and boxing and more
and I can tell you that boxing don't have a good footwork .
...And yet boxers, I am guessing, keep hitting you in the face. Maybe itís your judgement thatís bad, not their footwork.

If, on the other hand, you are really and truly convinced that you hold The Truth and boxers suck, then what the hell are you doing in a boxing gym?