PDA

View Full Version : Secret Fight Club?

Pages : [1] 2

blankslate
1/19/2004 11:59pm,
Is this real or some kind of gay fantasy thing?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/01/19/DDG424BV471.DTL

Noodlepower
1/20/2004 12:11am,
wth? well i did hear that there are real 'fight clubs' across the US that supposedly was inspired by the movie back in 99.

blankslate
1/20/2004 12:15am,
There are probably rumors running rampant about the McThrowdowns as well.

I'm thinking this is a real story.

infidel
1/20/2004 12:16am,
sounds kinda bizzarre and fantastic, stylistically.

JBliss
1/20/2004 12:23am,
don't know...
seems legit
but SFgate is most known for its extreme liberal politics
and ironic lampoons of contemporary news.
a little bit like "the onion" but...not as funny IMHO

blankslate
1/20/2004 12:24am,
where have I heard the SF Chronicle ridiculed? Rush Limbaugh or somebody?

Black_Rose
1/20/2004 12:34am,
Hmm , seems more like a short story i think.Either way, i know of people who compete in their club underground. All it is , is a bunch of MA people who go pretty hard. Who knows , they also said it started in the 1950's and there are levels involved. They could be full of ****, who knows.

blankslate
1/20/2004 12:45am,
Edward Norton in Fight Club. I just can't get used to the guy as some type of tough action hero guy. I suppose people say the same about me. Not action hero guy...... but superb stand up "has been" type fighter guy.

He seems real talented at acting though.

I just can't see any martial artists putting a poster of him up on their walls they way they do Rickson and Randy Couture or Arnold.

WhiteShark
1/20/2004 4:20pm,
I emailed the author asking if it was fiction. We'll see...

cannabis
1/20/2004 4:29pm,
think ed norton in american history x andyou will have a better time thinking of him as tough

blankslate
1/20/2004 4:30pm,
Now why didn't I think of that?

FingerorMoon?
1/20/2004 4:48pm,
Edward Norton in Fight Club. I just can't get used to the guy as some type of tough action hero guy. I suppose people say the same about me. Not action hero guy...... but superb stand up "has been" type fighter guy.

Well he's not protrayed as a tough guy in that movie. He is a nerd who is going insane.
In the movie, he loses most of the fights he is in.

blankslate
1/20/2004 4:58pm,
He set all that stuff up though across the country..had all those nutriders worshipping him...Not just any nerd could manage all that. Maybe I'll have to watch it again some day.

WhiteShark
1/21/2004 9:01am,
I got a response back from the author kinda what I expected.

"Not at all a work of fiction. Just my interpretation of what happened.
I do not compete in jujitsu, so it's my understanding that was probably
off.

-Athan"

WhiteShark
1/21/2004 10:48am,
Originally posted by Osiris
And if its true, who was he? Not an observer.

If by who was he you mean the Author, then yes I think he was just an observer. Don't lock yourself into thinking it's exactly like the movie. Also losing to a very large fit Aikidoka is not really shocking. Also if this Aikidoka is doing these kind of fights he probably knows some other stuff.

Justme
1/21/2004 3:34pm,
:D