PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: People who practice "MMA"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 2:41pm,
Choke on a dick.

Since I've started Judo and when sensei imamura asked me if I had prior experience. I told him what I did. Kickboxing, TKD, the jitz, etc. And then the question, "What are you training for?" came up eventually and I told them I had a fight coming soon. The news spread pretty quickly that they got a new student (which is always nice) and that I am training for an upcoming fight. I am the "mma guy."

So since then, everyone's a little standoffish towards me. The whole stigma of being a meathead really sucks. Thanks to you assholes. I am actually incredibly humble and incredibly nice when I train. Weird, I know, but it's true. Anyway, just felt like ranting.

Jerks.

ChickenBeakFist
5/20/2009 2:48pm,
I blame **** like this

YouTube - WEC - World Extreme Cagefighting - "Rhino" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VyIosL4QX0&feature=PlayList&p=6A8C24D3D261EE9C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5)

And dudes that look like this

http://popawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/daisy-of-love-cage.jpg

ignatzami
5/20/2009 2:49pm,
Choke on a dick.

Since I've started Judo and when sensei imamura asked me if I had prior experience. I told him what I did. Kickboxing, TKD, the jitz, etc. And then the question, "What are you training for?" came up eventually and I told them I had a fight coming soon. The news spread pretty quickly that they got a new student (which is always nice) and that I am training for an upcoming fight. I am the "mma guy."

So since then, everyone's a little standoffish towards me. The whole stigma of being a meathead really sucks. Thanks to you assholes. I am actually incredibly humble and incredibly nice when I train. Weird, I know, but it's true. Anyway, just felt like ranting.

Jerks.

But your a rat-bastard online... got it.

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 2:50pm,
I do too.

Except that i look like a cute little asian boy. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE JUST DOESN'T IMMEDIATELY LOVE ME?

Except for the cute judo black belt girl who was very helpful.

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 2:51pm,
But your a rat-bastard online... got it.

I'm the well of uncomfortable truths everywhere else outside of class. Don't get it mixed up.

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 2:52pm,
Seriously you assholes need to shave off that moss you've been cultivating on your neck.

Wolf
5/20/2009 2:57pm,
What the hell else do I say I practice when I train multiple ma's simultaneously in preperation for a fight?

Whacker
5/20/2009 3:02pm,
Funny thread about meatheads is funny! Then again I'm a CMAer who apparently does lots of flowery useless ****, so I don't really have room to talk.

What the hell else do I say I practice when I train multiple ma's simultaneously in preperation for a fight?

"I train in several different martial arts." ? Just a random thought.

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 3:07pm,

I don't know, brosephine. Are you? Or are you just studying BJJ and kickboxing?

My point was that the stupid meatheads are hurting my quest to be a better fighter. It upsets me.

HappyOldGuy
5/20/2009 3:11pm,
My point was that the stupid meatheads are hurting my quest to be a better fighter. It upsets me.

Quest to be a better fighter, or quest to get closer to the cute blackbelt?

I may have lost the story there.

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 3:12pm,
Quest to be a better fighter, or quest to get closer to the cute blackbelt?

I may have lost the story there.

Don't ruin the bait. I'm waiting for the dickheads to ask for me to post pictures and so I can say, "She's only 14 you pedophiles."

ChickenBeakFist
5/20/2009 3:14pm,

If it's any consolation you can turn on TUF whenever you like and watch them cry and behave like the insecure man-children they are. It always cheers me right up.

ignatzami
5/20/2009 3:15pm,

And your avatar disturbs me to no end, your point being?

Wolf
5/20/2009 3:18pm,
I don't know, brosephine. Are you? Or are you just studying BJJ and kickboxing?

My gym routinely incorporates BJJ, Wrestling, Boxing and MT into most workouts. These are not all trained separately either. We will spar full MMA rounds, just roll BJJ with light strikes, wrestle for takedowns then continue to submission. So it's a pretty Mixed set.

sochin101
5/20/2009 3:18pm,
Don't ruin the bait. I'm waiting for the dickheads to ask for me to post pictures and so I can say, "She's only 14 you pedophiles."

And then we'll say "14 year old black belt? SIRC'S IN A McDOJO!... BUT IT'S JUDO. DOES NOT COMPUTE" and our tiny little minds will assplode.

We're on to you, Sirc. *peers suspiciously* are you working for Elmore... or the government?

King Sleepless
5/20/2009 3:20pm,
And then we'll say "14 year old black belt? SIRC'S IN A McDOJO!... BUT IT'S JUDO. DOES NOT COMPUTE" and our tiny little minds will assplode.

We're on to you, Sirc. *peers suspiciously* are you working for Elmore... or the government?

She's not really 14, but in this scenario, she is. It helps me make you feel more like a pedo.