PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Introduction of the Boot.

RountreeUSMC
5/19/2009 9:00pm,
Hey there,

I am obviously to the Bullshido Forums so I was kindly ushered here to introduce myself. My name is Boone Rountree. I have visited Bullshido off and on for years and finally decided to join the forum.

I just finished a 5 year enlistment in the United States Marine Corps and now am an Individual Ready Reservist. I am also a full time student in the B.S in Biology program at Northern Arizona University Yuma campus and am taking my National Registry Exam for my EMT-Basic certification in a week.

I have been training in the Martial Arts since I was 8 years old. My first school was Chung's Tae Kwan Do in Prattville, Alabama. I had to quit when my grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer and we no longer could afford my training. From then on I trained in any style anyone would teach me.

When I was in High School, I attended the Wah Lum Kung Fu Temple in Orlando, Florida. This laid the ground work for my eventual enlistment in the Marine Corps. It is also the school I claim as well as Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP) when asked what style I practice.

My plan is to attend medical school for a Doctor of Osteopathy degree and then accept a commission in the Navy so I can take care of my fellow Marines.

I guess that about sums it up.

rangerdavy
5/19/2009 10:13pm,
This may be the best intro post I've ever read. Welcome to Bullshido.

Are you looking to train in something new?

sochin101
5/19/2009 10:16pm,
Welcome to the site. There's a decent number of Military/ex-Mil members on board. A lot of them have the Military tag identifier. You can PM a staff member about getting one, if you wanted one.

My plan is to attend medical school for a Doctor of Osteopathy degree and then accept a commission in the Navy so I can take care of my fellow Marines.Exemplary. Hope that works out for you.

jnp
5/20/2009 12:43am,
Semper Fi and welcome to Bullshido.

RountreeUSMC
5/20/2009 6:31pm,
This may be the best intro post I've ever read. Welcome to Bullshido.

Are you looking to train in something new?

Always RangerDavy. I am always looking for new styles to learn about and train in. The biggest problem I face though is the lack of quality places to train in the area. The main school here is a Dillman Karate school that puts alot of emphasis on pressure points and I'm not very impressed by them.

Right now I am looking to jumpstart my PT. My fiancée is going to go back to school as well and I have been kicking around the idea of going back into the Navy under the SEAL Challenge once I get my degree. My grandfather was Navy UDT and then switched to Army Rangers in Korea. So I would like to challenge myself with BUD/S while earning a paycheck to support my family.

Thank you Sochin101. I will keep that in mind.

Semper Fi Jnp.

Vorpal
5/20/2009 8:04pm,
Welcome, glad to have you here.