PDA

View Full Version : most dangerous man alive contest?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jspeedy
5/17/2009 8:26pm,
What are some opinons on this? Overall the contest sounds pretty ambiguous. I have no clue what this contest really involves.
Does anyone know anthing else about it?(other than what it says in the ad) I read about it in a BB mag. and cut&pasted this ad from their site. I would have just posted the link but the ad was a the bottom of a page full of other insignificant/unrelated crap.

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/media/originals/Tom_Patire1.jpgSelf-Defense Expert Tom Patire
(Photo by Rick Hustead)
http://www.blackbeltmag.com/media/originals/Last_Man_Logo.jpgSelf-Defense Expert Hosts
Most Dangerous Man Contest
by Jon Sattler

Think you’re the most dangerous man alive? Here’s your chance to prove it.

The Most Dangerous Man Alive contest pits competitors against one another in a series of armed and unarmed tests to determine who is the king of self-defense. The contest is for more than just bragging rights: The winner will be featured in Black Belt and receive a $10,000 purse.

“Whether you are a traditional or combative martial artist, an MMA fighter, a Navy SEAL or just an everyday Joe, the key will be whether you can adapt and do what is needed when called upon,” personal-protection expert Tom Patire (http://www.tompatire.com/) says. “The contestants will go head to head in certain competitions, but this is not MMA. This is who can defeat the street, so the mindset and rules of engagement are very different. It’s all about going against the odds and coming out on top!”

Making the right decision at the right time will be crucial to winning, Patire says.

To keep the playing field level (and discourage the endless debates that are sure to follow), details about the tests are kept secret until the day of the competition, and everyone will have to use the same weapons and gear. Competitors must pay a $200 entrance fee, be in decent shape and at least 21 years old.

Because of the nature of the tests, safety rules will be strictly enforced.

“We will get as close to real as real gets without putting anyone’s life in danger,” Patire says. “If any contestant makes any safety error that jeopardizes anyone, then they are disqualified from the contest and asked to leave immediately.”

Patire, who will be hosting the September 2009 contest, dreamed up the Most Dangerous Man Alive competition while watching mixed-martial arts events.

“As I attended different mixed-martial arts events, I listened to the crowd,” Patire says. “I heard comments like, ‘Man, these guys are tough! I wonder how they'd do on the street against someone with a weapon?’ Or, ‘How about if they were jumped by more than one guy?’

“That got my creative juices flowing and the end result was the Most Dangerous Man Alive competition that will define who can ‘defeat the street.’ I based the contest around time and call-to-action skills because it’s the combination of both that can be the real difference-maker when it comes to saving your life or someone else’s.”

Patire plans to add a women’s division to the contest in 2010.

For more information on the competition or how to sign up, call (877) 992-9273 or e-mail [email protected] (http://javascript<b></b>:location.href='mailto:'+String.fromCharCode(116,1 11,109,112,97,116,105,114,101,64,116,111,109,112,9 7,116,105,114,101,46,99,111,109)+'?').

WhiteShark
5/17/2009 8:40pm,
I could tell why I'm the most dangerous man alive but then I'd have to kill you.

Kintanon
5/17/2009 9:01pm,
I know why Whiteshark is the most dangerous man alive.

jspeedy
5/17/2009 9:21pm,

.....well? I'm almost afraid to asy why.

Kintanon
5/17/2009 9:29pm,
No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - Georgia throwdown time!!! (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2126371&postcount=60)

Sley
5/17/2009 9:38pm,

Because he takes baths?

leyon
5/17/2009 9:42pm,
I was about to joke that Kintanon was a dead man until I saw that thread o_O

sazahko
5/17/2009 9:44pm,
Because he takes baths?

While drinking Dos Equis. He's like The Most Interesting Man in the World, but probably with better hygiene. And he does BJJ. All of which means he's a natural-born killer.

-Sazzy

Sley
5/17/2009 9:56pm,
While drinking Dos Equis. He's like The Most Interesting Man in the World, but probably with better hygiene. And he does BJJ. All of which means he's a natural-born killer.

-Sazzy

"I don't always Drink beer but when I do..." I have been wondering why he says that, wouldn't he always drink beer if he was their spokesman, sounds like a fake,

Due to his BJJ he's also a love machine... random Smileis that came up :qtank::coffee2::ky::gwbdance::angel8:

WhiteShark
5/17/2009 10:10pm,
"I don't always drink beer but when I do I prefer to be in a bath tub."

Sley
5/17/2009 10:11pm,
"I don't always drink beer but when I do I prefer to be in a bath tub."

See! He could be the spokes person for Kolar or some other Tub company.

3moose1
5/17/2009 10:11pm,
Before EVERYONE ELSE AND THEIR FUCKING SISTER'S MARTIAL ARTS SYSTEM SAYS IT,

I'm so dangerous, My moose-ryu kungjitsu is so effective and deadly, I was banned from the most dangerous man contest.

Kuma
5/17/2009 10:22pm,
“We will get as close to real as real gets without putting anyone’s life in danger,” Patire says. “If any contestant makes any safety error that jeopardizes anyone, then they are disqualified from the contest and asked to leave immediately.”Already, the "Most Dangerous Man" is expected to not act dangerously. WTF.

Wouldn't the world's most dangerous man be the psycho who ignores the rules of the game, criminal law, and human decency, who chucks a frag into the tryout room as soon as it fills up?

Kintanon
5/17/2009 10:34pm,
I was thinking poison in the AC ducts....

3moose1
5/17/2009 10:48pm,
Ok, don't laugh.

one time, whilst playing DnD, we came upon a group of guards, guarding a place.

My friend, toting a shotgun, (ok, it wasn't DnD, per se, it was another tabletop game using the d20 system)a shotgun on crack. This bitch was INSANELY powerful.

So we wanted to hurry up and get inside, so he looks at Dan, the Gm, and says, "Is there like...a barrel of oil, or gasoline or anything around?"

We all burst out laughing. Lololol, we say.

Dan goes, lol, no.

So pete insists he does a roll, to see if there is a barrel of oil. Dan accommodates, with 10 d10s, and says, "anything below 20, and there is a barrel of oil in between, that, when shot, will kill all of the guards"

He then proceeded to roll....

a fucking 12.

We pretty much screamed with laughter.

Cy Q. Faunce
5/17/2009 10:58pm,
See! He could be the spokes person for Kolar or some other Tub company.
But he shouldn't get so drunk that he tries anything adventurous with the plumbing.

I don't want to hear the resulting Moen.