PDA

View Full Version : How Bruce Lee Changed The World

Pages : 1 [2] 3

King Sleepless
5/18/2009 3:54am,
Once again, you idiots are being stupid and useless again. I caught this tonight and other than the insane JKD nuthugging, it was pretty nice.

They didn't say he invented protein drinks or use electric stimulation machines. Just that he popularized it and was using it far before anybody else was going to.

I think the only thing they really stressed was how much he revolutionized a lot of different things and popularized martial arts, WHICH HE IN FACT DID.

You are now just being dumbshits for the sake of being dumbshits. Thank you for not surprising me in the slightest, dumbshits.

King Sleepless
5/18/2009 4:07am,
Seriously, assholes. Give credit where it is due.

I'll make a pretty easily understood analogy here.

This is kind of like Christianity. I like Jesus. I think that the dude is pretty fucking awesome. People should be more like him... you know, wise, well-read, intelligent, NOT a douche. But the assholes who made a religion following him? **** them. Also **** the assholes who follow the assholes who made a religion following just to find reasons to get indignant with them.

Seriously, **** both sides of the coin. I hope you all drown.

henshinx
5/18/2009 4:13am,
sarcastro= Depressed rage.

thorthe power
5/18/2009 6:21am,
Bruce lee couldn't have invented all that stuff because he's not Korean

Mtripp
5/18/2009 7:18am,
Seriously, assholes. Give credit where it is due.

I'll make a pretty easily understood analogy here.

This is kind of like Christianity. I like Jesus. I think that the dude is pretty fucking awesome. People should be more like him... you know, wise, well-read, intelligent, NOT a douche. But the assholes who made a religion following him? **** them. Also **** the assholes who follow the assholes who made a religion following just to find reasons to get indignant with them.

Seriously, **** both sides of the coin. I hope you all drown.

Rather than deal with you on the other issues.... let me just deal with this one.

The problem with "Jesus" as "great guy/good teacher" and all that; is you can't be those things and do miracles. You can't say "I am the way and the truth and the light, and no man seith the Father save through me," and still be a "great guy."

You are either Lunatic, Liar, or Lord; Nice guy ain't in there.

In truth, its the same problem with Bruce Lee. Martial Art's on Film? Might want to look at Blood on the Sun. In fact, the idea where he is fighting Chuck Norris and changes his style to win? Cagney did it first LONG before Bruce, in Blood on the Sun. Modern Cinema Techniques in a Martial Art movie? Billy Jack was first; that inside cresent kick made history.

Bruce Lee took what was there, and used it. He has a cult like following created by People Pimping a dead guy...

...which brings us back to Religion.

kiridoku
5/18/2009 8:51am,
Rather than deal with you on the other issues.... let me just deal with this one.

The problem with "Jesus" as "great guy/good teacher" and all that; is you can't be those things and do miracles. You can't say "I am the way and the truth and the light, and no man seith the Father save through me," and still be a "great guy."

Didn't I read your book 'Mere Brucetianity' once?
Seriously, good stuff.

BaronVonDingDong
5/18/2009 8:57am,
I like Jesus. I think that the dude is pretty fucking awesome. People should be more like him... you know, wise, well-read, intelligent...

Jesus? Well read? Where the **** did you get that from?

Mtripp
5/18/2009 9:45am,
Didn't I read your book 'Mere Brucetianity' once?
Seriously, good stuff.

I, like Bruce, am well read, and borrow from it... glad you were sharp enough to notice that!

Matt Phillips
5/18/2009 9:53am,
Modern Cinema Techniques in a Martial Art movie? Billy Jack was first; that inside cresent kick made history.

You nailed it.

King Sleepless
5/18/2009 1:00pm,

In truth, its the same problem with Bruce Lee. Martial Art's on Film? Might want to look at Blood on the Sun. In fact, the idea where he is fighting Chuck Norris and changes his style to win? Cagney did it first LONG before Bruce, in Blood on the Sun. Modern Cinema Techniques in a Martial Art movie? Billy Jack was first; that inside cresent kick made history.

Bruce Lee took what was there, and used it. He has a cult like following created by People Pimping a dead guy...

...which brings us back to Religion.

The difference between martyrdom and suicide is marketing.

Bruce Lee was just better at it than everyone. Just because a bunch of dumbasses are ruining his **** doesn't make anything he did less impactful.

Miracles and **** aside, the things he purportedly did can and will be misconstrued by the people recording the events. His impact on the world and whatever he did had good enough intentions. If those other people really wanted to make a difference, they should've marketed themselves better.

Part of being a martyr and a prophet is being dastardly charming.

Acid The Great
5/18/2009 1:39pm,
documentary was pretty good, i had no clue that they still tried to finish Game of Death without Bruce Lee.

henshinx
5/18/2009 1:44pm,
documentary was pretty good, i had no clue that they still tried to finish Game of Death without Bruce Lee.

I had that movie it was horrible

G8
5/18/2009 2:53pm,
well, he's certainly the single person most responsible for popularizing the mystic asiaphile bullshit that's dominated depictions of hand-to-hand combat in popular culture for the last four decades. if you'd asked a random person in, say, 1965, "who's more dangerous, the 300-lb. ex-linebacker biker over here, or the skinny asian dude in pajamas over here?", everyone in the world would (correctly) have picked column A. after 40 years of cinematic bullshit, a large percentage of the general public fails that IQ test. so, props to bruce for changing the world, I guess.

King Sleepless
5/18/2009 3:47pm,
well, he's certainly the single person most responsible for popularizing the mystic asiaphile bullshit that's dominated depictions of hand-to-hand combat in popular culture for the last four decades. if you'd asked a random person in, say, 1965, "who's more dangerous, the 300-lb. ex-linebacker biker over here, or the skinny asian dude in pajamas over here?", everyone in the world would (correctly) have picked column A. after 40 years of cinematic bullshit, a large percentage of the general public fails that IQ test. so, props to bruce for changing the world, I guess.

Actually no.

That's an attribution error. That's like saying Jesus is responsible for people wanting to blow up abortion clinics and Muhhamed is responsible for people stoning 12 year old girls to death because they put lipstick on their lips.

Stop being a stupid ******.

G8
5/18/2009 4:38pm,
so far as I know, jesus didn't make a bunch of shitty but wildly popular movies about blowing up abortion clinics.

King Sleepless
5/18/2009 4:43pm,
so far as I know, jesus didn't make a bunch of shitty but wildly popular movies about blowing up abortion clinics.

Really? That's what you have?

**** you, try again.