PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Madness

mariemelas
5/14/2009 6:33pm,
I don't know what has happened to the tradition of Martial Arts, but the water downed versions are frustrating. It's cool to add spice and flavor to the "fight" if you are not losing the true fighting spirit. I don't mean that you have to walk out of class beat up and bloody-- not at all in fact -- just with some genuine skill. Genuine skill to actually not have to fight or that one technique would be all that it takes to deter a would be attacker. Let's dump the JUNK, the BRAVADO and the senseless training. Respect the true essence of the arts - nuff said.

Looking for a quality school in MD -- any suggestions?

Nefron
5/14/2009 6:39pm,
I suggest you read stickies of the sub forums you are posting in.Threads like this go into Newbietown.

Vorpal
5/14/2009 6:49pm,
I don't know what has happened to the tradition of Martial Arts, but the water downed versions are frustrating. It's cool to add spice and flavor to the "fight" if you are not losing the true fighting spirit. I don't mean that you have to walk out of class beat up and bloody-- not at all in fact -- just with some genuine skill. Genuine skill to actually not have to fight or that one technique would be all that it takes to deter a would be attacker. Let's dump the JUNK, the BRAVADO and the senseless training. Respect the true essence of the arts - nuff said.

Like a writing school?

Dsimon3387
5/14/2009 6:52pm,
Like a writing school?

Where is your sense of creativity? a writing-martial arts school... you write for an hour then train.

Dsimon3387
5/14/2009 6:52pm,

Where are you in Maryland oh Newbster? Are you in Baltimore?