PDA

View Full Version : Becoming Batman

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gidi
4/20/2009 6:41am,
I read a story in the news written about this book: Becoming Batman (http://www.becomingbatman.com/):zicon_bat
And I thought people here would find it interesting. Also, I was curious what MA's would batman have to master.

I guess the answer wouldn't be all that different than most people, which means he'd be a very good striker and a very good grappler.

I couldn't find this with the search function, so I figured I'd post it.

thorthe power
4/20/2009 7:11am,
You can't become Batman until after your parents are killed....and they have to be rich so you don't have to work and pay bills. This way you can concentrate completly on learning from the mountain ninjas who can teach you the deadly.

Bugeisha
4/20/2009 7:18am,
For anyone who's interested, it's a fun read. The author does a good job explaining what would be possible and how, and what you'd need to do it, and his science is good. It's not going to change anyone's life, but it's a lot of fun, and a good way to get a look at the science behind a lot of concepts (physical development, body hardening, injury and recovery, etc.) while having fun.

Tonuzaba
4/20/2009 8:48am,
Why become the Batman, if you can just do the pencil magic?

http://images-0.redbubble.net/img/clothing/backgroundcolor:fafafa/bodycolor:black/size:large/style:mens/view:preview/1416382-5-jokers-magic-trick.jpg

pmosiun
4/20/2009 9:18am,
If there is someone who would become like batman, based on the comic and animated series, he could be learning

1. Boxing
2. Jiu Jitsu
3. Parkour
4. Escape artist
5. Special forces
6. Hacking skills
7. Detective skills

omoplatypus
4/20/2009 9:28am,
If there is someone who would become like batman, based on the comic and animated series, he could be learning

1. Boxing
2. Jiu Jitsu
3. Parkour
4. Escape artist
5. Special forces
6. Hacking skills
7. Detective skills

1. there is a boxing gym about 15 miles from me
2. there is a jiu jitsu club at my fitness center
3. all the videos you need are on youtube
4. found a book about it at barns and nobel. costs 24.99
5. once again, found a book about it at B&N for 19.99
6. community college intro to computers class = $400
7. television commercial for career training in private investigation didn't give cost.

how soon until i'm batman?

Rancid Pantaloons
4/20/2009 11:31am,

Laughing my brain out:)

jkdbuck76
4/20/2009 11:34am,

You'll need Morgan Freeman's help first.

Is this like Being John Malkovich?

Jadonblade
4/20/2009 11:44am,
Olympic level fitness you will also need. Plus an inappropriate relationship with a small child.

omoplatypus
4/20/2009 12:03pm,
Plus an inappropriate relationship with a small child.

ok, so i need 20 more bucks for candy and comic books?

TheLordHumungus
4/20/2009 12:10pm,
Never mind the bat, how do become Frank?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2430/thepunisher.jpg

Vieux Normand
4/20/2009 12:10pm,
Plus an inappropriate relationship with a small child.

Now press this button and the batmobile becomes a candy-van...pay attention, Brucie.

thorthe power
4/20/2009 12:34pm,
Never mind the bat, how do become Frank?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2430/thepunisher.jpg
^^Thread won!!!! It's not about revenge...it's about the punishment!!

*Points to avatar*

Lebell
4/20/2009 12:36pm,
i rather become bananaman, his outfit rules.

Ajamil
4/20/2009 12:37pm,
The overwhelming drive of perfection focused laser-style on bringing justice to the world, a psychotic egomania trip making you believe you are responsible for everyone's safety, and that you have the best idea of what justice is. The ability to let every little thing not involved in perfected your justice delivery become unimportant and trivial. The ability to maintain a facade lifestyle without letting any of it become real. The greatest deductive mind combined with the hardest determination in the universe.

And an ex-British Special Forces butler with hacking, spying, medicianl, surgical, etiquette, and uhm...butlering skills that loves you more than a father would in order to actually RUN everything while you go flying around in tights.

That should just about cover it for becoming the Ubermensch. The cult following of impressionable youths and dubious relationship with authority gained from the will of the people will come naturally afterwards.

Zapruder
4/20/2009 12:50pm,
I think I might have to email this to a certain person I know that actually has delusion of being batman...and NO JNP you can not dissuade me!