PDA

View Full Version : News segment seems to combine bondage fetish with kempo or krotty or something

Wounded Ronin
4/19/2009 3:57pm,
YouTube - Defense if you are in restraints. Melanie Warner demonstrates. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GaFQJ0DtJY&NR=1)

On a news show a guy has his daughter with her hands tied together deliver double-hand strikes, knees, and kicks.

Because realistically if someone already had the chance to tie your hands together circumstances would clearly be such that you'd be able to throw a few kicks and get out of that situation.

Even though it seems to be a real daytime news/talk show it really seems more like a fetish thing to me.

EDIT: Oh god, the guys in the school are wearing camo. It's gotta be kempo.

Foolish
4/19/2009 10:09pm,
A little research shows this isn't kenpo but they do wear camo :eusa_naug The website is http://h2hctc.com/home.htm.

Apparently he developed his own style, Koden Kan, with a bit of everything mixed in.

From his site:

"Our system of martial art, Koden Kan, has roots in Japan, Korea, Okinawa, China, Greece, and Thailand. However, I learned the vast majority of the founding elements of Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, Kickboxing, Gung-fu, and wrestling while stationed in the US Army in Hawaii. Most of the Master Instructors I studied with were born in Hawaii and had learned their skills in Hawaii. And, as if you didn't know, Hawaii is the 50th state of the United States of America! But now it gets better.

Through countless executions of each technique and analyzing the findings through video files and other kinesiological methods I was able to develop what I considered to be the optimal method of executing kicks and punches for power. By using my own body and mind, Koden Kan as I teach it now was formulated. This is what I teach at the H2HCTC and to military personnel around the world. This is my style, an American style of martial arts with some roots in Asia. And like hundreds of Asian/Americans I have met over the years, should only be known as Americans."

This is in Post Falls, Idaho. Is there anyone in the area that can take a look and/or post a review?

Kentucky Fried Chokin
4/19/2009 10:16pm,
Wow, this is great! I have a sexual fantasy where a tied up girl in a quasi-military outfit knees me in the balls.

NoTeefa
4/20/2009 4:52am,
I even re-worked the equation for power used to calculate the force a human body is capable of generating; Mass X Distance + Speed = Power.
curious... This guy thinks pretty damn highly of himself
I kind of agree with his opinion that his martial arts should be considered american. I feel the same way about my personal style.

They even have an anti grapple that will get you punched in the face!
YouTube - Koden Kan Karate Moves for Beginners : The Noogie in Koden Kan Martial Arts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN19ARb1xuk&feature=PlayList&p=F1BD5CC3A2F35C8E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1)

Muerteds
4/20/2009 4:07pm,
I'm pretty sure the folks over at the Kodenkan Danzan Ryu Jujitsu organizations would take a dim view of some assclown stealing their name. Hmmm....

Siniq
4/20/2009 4:28pm,
This is where Lidell went wrong, his hands were totaly not tied.

TheMightyMcClaw
4/20/2009 8:00pm,
I hypothesize that if one's hands were tied in front like that, and one were able to subsequently loop said hands and rope over one's opponent's neck, a damn hard to escape double collar clinch could be established.
Just you wait. Tying your own hands together is going to be the next big thing in Muay Thai.

Muerteds
4/20/2009 8:41pm,
I'm pretty sure the folks over at the Kodenkan Danzan Ryu Jujitsu organizations would take a dim view of some assclown stealing their name. Hmmm....

After further reading, I was right. And, they specifically allowed him to use the Koden Kan apellation, after he asked and demonstrated his art. Interesting.

MrGalt
4/20/2009 8:48pm,
I haven't raged like this in a while. What would ever cause people to believe this junk? Neither of these people could ever have put on gloves (or not) and sparred in their lives. Double hand block plus double palm faster than he can throw a left cross? No. Shin block with her REAR leg against his roundhouse kick? No. I'm pretty sure that his shin + her shin = her crying on the ground unless she does some amazing conditioning that isn't apparent from her bearing or execrable "abilities."

I also love it when people invent their own syncretic martial art by combining a dozen different styles from all of the world....and it looks just like Ed Parker Kenpo.

Besides, everybody knows if your hands are tied the only acceptable martial art to use is Capoeira.

Wounded Ronin
4/21/2009 10:54pm,
This is where Lidell went wrong, his hands were totaly not tied.

Yes, and because of that fact he dropped his guard and got smacked. Clearly having your hands tied helps your combat ability.