PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had formal instruction on headbutting? Then come in here and share

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ghetto_Warrior
4/14/2009 11:23am,
I've always been fascinated by headbutting. So many people tried to headbut me in my life and it were all fail-butts. Like forehead against forehead situations at too low a speed to hurt anyone.

I did have this skinny canon-ball foreheaded Somalian buddy who had a friggin' killer of a headbutt. He knocked 2 people out in a row one night with two simple headbutts.

Now I have no idea how to do it properly, the most useful info I found in bas ruttens lethal street fighting video, where he says you should kinda stab with your head, not swing it because otherwise he can just tuck in his chin and your face will be slamming into his head.

Can anyone give me pointers or tell me where I can find instruction?

1point2
4/14/2009 11:37am,
Corners work--ask soccer players. Just to the front of the temples. Failing that, just beneath my hairline (which is high but not receding) is good.

Best results involve the use of a Thai clinch to pull them in and ensure proper targeting. I personally target the cheek or eyeridge, though others prefer side of the jaw or nose. I would NOT want to hit their teeth or mouth.

Ghetto_Warrior
4/14/2009 11:38am,
Corners work--ask soccer players. Just to the front of the temples. Failing that, just beneath my hairline (which is high but not receding) is good.

Best results involve the use of a Thai clinch to pull them in and ensure proper targeting. I personally target the cheek or eyeridge, though others prefer side of the jaw or nose. I would NOT want to hit their teeth or mouth.
thanks man, do you think muay thai instructors can help me out with this?

1point2
4/14/2009 11:49am,
A) 98% of headbutt instruction is going you'll find will be theory-based. Take everything with a grain of salt.

B) Muay Thai might help, particularly if you find a more old-school guy who maybe does or did traditional Muay Thai? I'm not a MT guy so I don't know.

C) Why have you been in so many fights?

D) Where do you train?

Ghetto_Warrior
4/14/2009 11:53am,
A) 98% of headbutt instruction is going you'll find will be theory-based. Take everything with a grain of salt.

B) Muay Thai might help, particularly if you find a more old-school guy who maybe does or did traditional Muay Thai? I'm not a MT guy so I don't know.

C) Why have you been in so many fights?

D) Where do you train?
c) maybe I walk to straight, I have no clue. when people give me these fail-headbutts I don't even fight back usually because I don't need legal bs

d) back yard ****

7thSamurai
4/14/2009 12:02pm,
c) maybe I walk to straight, I have no clue. when people give me these fail-headbutts I don't even fight back usually because I don't need legal bs

d) back yard ****

Seriously. Just stop. This **** isn't funny.

Cannon_6
4/14/2009 12:10pm,
d) back yard ****

Don't forget the hair-pull when you throw the headbutt. Or to stomp on the ground with one foot while you execute it. These two moves are vital.

Then when your opponent is dazed and trying to stand up again, push him back down with your foot and insult his mother.

wushurichard
4/14/2009 12:18pm,
this was enough for me to be able to KO any fucker.

despite his lack of neck muscle and lack of ever head butting any one, he doesnt have it completely wrong. he uses his head at least

YouTube - Proper Headbutt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chsYR8uDjcs&feature=channel_page)

Vieux Normand
4/14/2009 1:51pm,
Head down, to take the impact on the relatively-reinforced top of your skull supported by the spine, from just about any clinch you want, pulling them onto your noggin, going through their face with it.

Oh, and since you're asking about "formal": wear a tuxedo or you'll get no KO.

Zapruder
4/14/2009 2:02pm,
Head down, to take the impact on the relatively-reinforced top of your skull supported by the spine, from just about any clinch you want, pulling them onto your noggin, going through their face with it.

Oh, and since you're asking about "formal": wear a tuxedo or you'll get no KO.

Do I need a cummerbund too, or just the tux and monocle?

rsobrien
4/14/2009 3:19pm,
Actually, if you train in Kudo or Daido Juku (space helmet karate), they teach headbutts. THey are considered perfectly legit techniques.

I only went to a seminar and trained with a guy who trained back in Japan. But I have done space helmet sparring and a good headbutt (with a space helmet mind), sets up an excellent Judo clinch.

Muerteds
4/14/2009 3:26pm,
A friend of mine studied Yoshikai Karate in Idaho. They taught headbutts from a number of angles, to a number of targets. He worked with me on a few- I liked what he showed me. The long and short of it is- hit a soft sopt on their head, with a hard or sharp spot on yours. I know, complex, right?

Frank White
4/14/2009 3:31pm,
When someone is "all up in yo face", use your forehead to smash his nose as a distraction. Taught to me by an old biker.

Matt Phillips
4/14/2009 4:08pm,
Train Dumog.

rsobrien
4/14/2009 4:20pm,
As an aside, where can I learn dumog?

han090
4/14/2009 4:46pm,
Mike Meyers would tell you to take up the ancient scottish martial art Fukyu! It's mostly just heabutting people, and then kicking them when they're down.

That said, i never really liked headbutts. When someone headbutts, everyone loses.