PDA

View Full Version : Systema = Enjoyable comedy

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby Gun
4/07/2009 9:29pm,
For the past couple of weeks i have been on a mission to find a legit systema practitioner. I haven't found ****! Its about time to admit that systema doesn't work, it needs to walk the line towards the reality of world fighting. This is what i mean, YouTube - More systema bullshido (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ). Watch the all famous systema bullshido hall of fame video. It doesn't even show the combat in at full speed. I need your thoughts on this, if a real form of systema exist; please send me a documented website or video. I need to know that some form of inner (not perseverance, or concentration;etc) strength exist so i don't continue to look this up.

P.S continue with the human stun gun, another BS hall of fame member.

Holy Moment
4/07/2009 9:46pm,
I don't understand what the problem is. Systema is totally legit.

rw4th
4/07/2009 10:53pm,
Learn to use the search. This is one thread of many, enjoy.

Final Report: Systema- - No BS Martial Arts (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36200)

Bobby Gun
4/09/2009 5:43pm,
I still am not convinced from a systema fan's post that it is a legit MA. Maybe I should put it in a term without any majority statistics involved. Lets say Systema is a brand new MA of 2009, people buy into it and start taking classes. For the remaining people who don't, are trying to be convinced through a lovely acrobatic presentation by practitioner of the school. About a 3rd of the people decide to participate due to the pleasing performance. But that last set of people want to test it out themselves. The systema student (teacher) then decides use his "chi attacks" or what ever form a paralyzation they use to fight. It doesn't work; and the best they can come up with is, well statistically the more athletically built figures can withstand the force being inflicted on them. (for some secret reason they cant explain, because it will ruin their dojo's training) I'm stating this because it has happened to me. Every video on youtube or google is systema demonstration. Of course it will work, it will always work with a partner who is cooperative to perform the drill.

I would like to see in-depth videos with real fighting involved, I have looked into UFC, 1, 2 or 3 and it shows an exotic fighter being dominated by an athlete who trains and gets his hands sweaty once in a while.

rather than fan made post, can someone send me info, or even a challenge sparring session.

Breakfast Fox
4/09/2009 5:56pm,
Dude, what are you talking about. Everyone knows Systema is totally badass, I once knocked out five guys outside a bar with it. True story.

Bobby Gun
4/09/2009 6:01pm,
Dude, what are you talking about. Everyone knows Systema is totally badass, I once knocked out five guys outside a bar with it. True story.'
i oh bet

Partezan
4/09/2009 6:08pm,
As we look at Systema and explore the strengths and weaknesses, its main ideas seem to be using your body to redirect your opponents force back at them and deliver what almost look like magic, internal knockdown punches.

Now, for every systema practitioner, try as hard as you can to find a reason why you can't go into a knockdown Kyokushin tournament, where there is no padding of any kind to interfere with any "energy" and there is no grappling giving you the full opportunity to test out the striking.

Bobby Gun
4/09/2009 6:12pm,
As we look at Systema and explore the strengths and weaknesses, its main ideas seem to be using your body to redirect your opponents force back at them and deliver what almost look like magic, internal knockdown punches.

Now, for every systema practitioner, try as hard as you can to find a reason why you can't go into a knockdown Kyokushin tournament, where there is no padding of any kind to interfere with any "energy" and there is no grappling giving you the full opportunity to test out the striking.

they need padding now! why would they needed padding for a simple tap to the back of the head!

Siniq
4/09/2009 6:13pm,
Are there any systemisti in MMA competition?

JP
4/09/2009 6:18pm,
Dude,

I don't know where are this rampant skepticism comes from really.

I got my chi re-aligned by these guys and on top of that there were some excellent peirogis involved.

You should really check it out. Bring as many people with you as you can. They too can benefit from this style.

Vince Tortelli
4/09/2009 6:22pm,
You think palm strikes are enjoyable comedy? I bet you wouldn't say that to BAS RUTTEN!

Bobby Gun
4/09/2009 6:24pm,
Dude,

I don't know where are this rampant skepticism comes from really.

I got my chi re-aligned by these guys and on top of that there were some excellent peirogis involved.

You should really check it out. Bring as many people with you as you can. They too can benefit from this style.

name and location of the gym

DdlR
4/09/2009 6:26pm,
This is completely redundant as it's already been talked to death in at least one mega-thread; but, for the record, again, the concept of chi is not part of Systema. No internal energy, no no-touch knock-outs, no secret Russian voodoo.

Ryabko's point in this clip is that if you hit someone with a series of stinging strikes to major muscle groups, they'll get more agitated; if you hit them with a solid shot to the "solar plexus", they'll receive an attitude adjustment in the other direction. It isn't magic, it's easily demonstrable biology.

With the cliched but sadly still necessary disclaimer that Systema is specifically not a combat sport, but rather a self defense system that uses many different types of sparring exercises, here is a clip of some of those exercises:

YouTube - Systema Sparring (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbEGgZ86Ci0)

Holy Moment
4/09/2009 6:31pm,
I still am not convinced from a systema fan's post that it is a legit MA.

Dude, Systema is totally awesome. They have a pressure point attack that will make your opponent happy and not want to fight you any more, and another one where you make your opponent sad and not want to fight you any more. They also have another one where you make your opponent angry and careless.

Knowing Systema is kind of like being Doctor Spectro, except your powers aren't color-based.

JP
4/09/2009 6:35pm,
name and location of the gym

You wouldn't have heard of it. It was in a basement in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. I was blindfolded on the trip to and from and the only time my hands were not tied it when they allowed me to eat the peirogis.

Other than that, for their own protection as well as my own during the chi alignment, I was securely tied down.

You can find them, but only through very specific and very careful posting on craigslist.

Tom .C
4/09/2009 7:10pm,
You wouldn't have heard of it. It was in a basement in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. I was blindfolded on the trip to and from and the only time my hands were not tied it when they allowed me to eat the peirogis.

Other than that, for their own protection as well as my own during the chi alignment, I was securely tied down.

You can find them, but only through very specific and very careful posting on craigslist.

I was suprised by their use of the ball gag and thought the butt plug was somewhat invasive. That mean lady who kept yelling at me and repeatedly struck me with the flail was kind of a bitch but the peirogis did make it all worth the trip.