PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Warrior

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Valiss
4/06/2009 5:07pm,
Who'd win in a fight: a viking or a samurai? What about a pirate vs. a knight? Or a ninja vs. a Spartan?

These sound like the kinds of questions posed around 2 a.m. when the bar is about to close or you're just screwing with the n00bs on Sherdog. They also sound like the premise for a new series on the Spike network.

Each episode, "pits two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other." Series regulars include a biomedical engineer who collects technical data during each fight, a doctor who "analyzes the lethal potential" of the battles and a "computer whiz" who runs simulations of the matchups.

The whole thing is a weird blend of high-tech gadgetry, bloody warrior showmanship and pure fantasy. The result could either be fascinating or terrible, but at least they're trying something new.

It premieres April 7 at 10 p.m. ET. All of the matchups I mentioned in the first paragraph are actual episodes, though the first ep pairs a gladiator against an Apache. No ****.

More info:

http://www.spike.com/show/31082

Sounds lame. I'll watch it.

Rivington
4/06/2009 5:12pm,
I hope everyone involved with this TV show dies of colon cancer.

Demon Eyes
4/06/2009 5:17pm,
Great, thanks. I'm now going to spend half an hour in front of the television with either an entertained look on my face or:
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4850/facepalm8bu0.jpg

Considering SpikeTV's track record, I'm predicting that I'll be doing the latter of the two. I hope you're happy.

Dempsy Roll
4/06/2009 5:21pm,
I hope everyone involved with this TV show dies of colon cancer.

... because nothing this eyeball-explodingly awesome should ever be allowed on television?

I concur.

Rancid Pantaloons
4/06/2009 5:45pm,
Why do they make it so cheesy?

Imagine a tv show where they discussed real martial arts techniques and interviewed know celebrities about how they do it and their special tips for how to apply those techniques:)

TheMightyMcClaw
4/06/2009 6:04pm,
I am 90% sure that this show was created by D&D geeks, most likely out of conversations that stemmed from the gaming table itself.

Hooded Justice
4/06/2009 6:06pm,
Deadliest Warrior...Brought to you by the nerds that REALLY REALLY loved Fight Science.

Valiss
4/06/2009 6:20pm,
You know, if we get a couple more shows like this, they can start thier own channel that runs Fight Science, Fight Quest and this show 24/7.

Deadmeat
4/06/2009 6:35pm,
The version of this show where they pit various animals against each other by using mechanical simulacra was actually watchable.

Animal face off it was called, I believe.

DdlR
4/06/2009 6:43pm,
Hell with it, sounds like fun to me.

The "hidden agenda" in these shows is that in between the kickass CGI graphics, awesome slow-mo shots and way cool weaponry demos, they're sneaking in information on science, history and culture to an audience that would run a mile rather than watch a "serious" documentary. It's education wrapped in cheese.

jkdbuck76
4/06/2009 6:50pm,
I can't bring myself to watch this stuff.

TheMightyMcClaw
4/06/2009 6:54pm,
Hell with it, sounds like fun to me.

The "hidden agenda" in these shows is that in between the kickass CGI graphics, awesome slow-mo shots and way cool weaponry demos, they're sneaking in information on science, history and culture to an audience that would run a mile rather than watch a "serious" documentary. It's education wrapped in cheese.

Mmm... deep fried knowledge....

Meex
4/06/2009 7:58pm,
Imagine a tv show where they discussed real martial arts techniques and interviewed know celebrities about how they do it and their special tips for how to apply those techniques:)
No, because those so-called, 'experts' would tend to be
the pot-bellied, 55 black belted, soke-this and that, that
this site is intended to go after.

Like this wack-job:
http://www.attackproof.com`
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70243&highlight=john+perkins

`~/

thaclient
4/06/2009 8:02pm,
Why do they make it so cheesy?

Sadly this type of show would appeal to a small number of viewers in the grand scheme of things. I believe the History channel had a special a few years back where a group of scientists [everything from engineers to anthropologists] got together along with some folks who are experts at recreating ancient weapons and put this kind of stuff to a somewhat scientific test. I can't remember the name of the program now... of course.

Sadly a show about Z0MGZ v1K1NgZ sw0RDZ vs. t3H S4MUR4IZ will appeal to a large percentage of SpikeTV's viewership.

Meex
4/06/2009 8:13pm,
Sadly a show about Z0MGZ v1K1NgZ sw0RDZ vs. t3H S4MUR4IZ will appeal to a large percentage of SpikeTV's viewership.
Perhaps if they made it interesting. . .

> Vikings & Samurai -vs- The French

> The Huns & The Zulu's -vs- The French

> All of Sparta & The Samoans -vs- The French

See?
Interesting!

With the outcome in doubt each week,
it will produce riveting TV!

:new_popco
`~/

Angrydog
4/06/2009 8:20pm,
Yes animal face off was fun but this is stupid there are way to many variables. like a fighters mentality, There expierence, thier health, the enviroment the reason for fighting, { wtf with an apache versus a gladiator?} etc. But I will watch anyway out of curiosity but you know what they say curiosity killed the cat and then the dog that went looking for the cat when he found this show and His head imploded.