PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Marcusn
4/05/2009 8:49pm,
Hello everyone! I'm a soldier stationed at Fort Lewis, WA and have trained in boxing and fencing (albeit years ago) before.

Aside from getting this introduction out of the way, I'd also like to ask whether anyone knows of some place nearby I could go to. I've searched online (and through the forums) and seem to run into many places that are in Seattle/Bellevue area, which have schedules that are almost impossible to make with rush hour traffic from post.

I'm interested in something that will work on my flexible, strength, and (of course) give me a starting MA base. From my research, I found that Sanda/San Chou appeals to me but have had no luck finding any near here.

However, I did find this: http://southsoundmartialarts.com/index.html which teaches Pradal Serey. I haven't had a chance to go and check it out yet. Has anyone else been? Thanks!

PizDoff
4/06/2009 9:24am,
Never heard of it, but welcome to the site.

Marcusn
4/06/2009 2:26pm,
Thanks for the welcome! So aside from the school, perhaps has anyone had any experience with Pradal Serey? The Wiki just suggests that it's pretty regional, no real definitive techniques.

Vector
4/06/2009 5:33pm,
While I no longer live in the NW, one of my buddies up there has been training at Ippon Judo in Lakewood. He likes it; but bear in mind that he is a judo noob and probably doesn't know the difference between good and bad judo yet.

Marcusn
4/07/2009 1:51am,
Thanks Vector! I might look into it although, truth be told, I'm interested in building a more striking oriented base first.

BrokenTitanium
4/07/2009 4:53am,
Welcome, old 11 Bravo here, good luck in finding what you are looking for. Also THANKS for your service to our country. High Speed Low Drag

Marcusn
4/10/2009 5:16pm,
Welcome, old 11 Bravo here, good luck in finding what you are looking for. Also THANKS for your service to our country. High Speed Low Drag

Thank you for the kind words! Always nice meeting prior service members! :)