PDA

View Full Version : Really noob question re: glove sizes

KungFuTrainee
4/05/2009 8:32am,
Hi guys,

I think I'm going to order the standard CSI training gloves (http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23985) and I've just realized that I don't know how to determine what size I should buy.

They say that the different sizes have different weights ("Available in Regular (6oz.), Large (6.5oz.) and Xl (7oz.)"). I'm a big guy and I hit hard, so I'd think I would want a larger size for more padding, but at the same time, for a big guy, I have ludicrously small hands.

I was thinking that I could possibly determine what size training glove I should get by looking at the size I buy for winter gloves, but the size of the winter gloves I buy vary from company to company (anything from M to XL, stupidly enough).

How do I determine what size I should order online?

Thanks guys.

8bit
4/05/2009 8:37am,
Hi guys,

I think I'm going to order the standard CSI training gloves (http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23985) and I've just realized that I don't know how to determine what size I should buy.

They say that the different sizes have different weights ("Available in Regular (6oz.), Large (6.5oz.) and Xl (7oz.)"). I'm a big guy and I hit hard, so I'd think I would want a larger size for more padding, but at the same time, for a big guy, I have ludicrously small hands.

I was thinking that I could possibly determine what size training glove I should get by looking at the size I buy for winter gloves, but the size of the winter gloves I buy vary from company to company (anything from M to XL, stupidly enough).

How do I determine what size I should order online?

Thanks guys.

When I talked to the representative, she told me that the gloves are a one size fits all sort of deal. The different weights are just the actual weight of the glove, so a heavier weight gives a harder workout. Apparently they all have the same ability to dissipate force.

Apparently they still hit like 16 oz gloves.

As to how much of that is true, I couldn't tell you, but she seemed very sure of herself.

Diesel_tke
4/05/2009 8:40am,
Get the XL. Nothing worse than gloves that are too small! Your gonna want the bigger ones anyways for what you are doing.

KungFuTrainee
4/05/2009 8:43am,
When I talked to the representative, she told me that the gloves are a one size fits all sort of deal. I find that surprising. I thought for sure I was going to have to measure my knuckles or something.

Get the XL. Nothing worse than gloves that are too small! Your gonna want the bigger ones anyways for what you are doing.

I dunno... Gloves that are too big wouldn't be so great either if my fingers keep slipping out... but that would be a non-issue if it really is one size fits all.

Thanks so much for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Ming Loyalist
4/05/2009 10:58am,
that doesn't sound right to me. i had to measure my knuckles, and i have tried different sizes of those gloves in my gym for me and my training brothers.

the size of the gloves definitely had an effect on the fit. also the larger ones had more padding and could absorb more impact.

the suggestion of buying a size up is a good one, as you can wear wraps under them if they are too big for you (i suggest the MMA or kids wraps - less fabric.)

8bit
4/05/2009 11:28am,
Didn't sound right to me either. I should have screen capped the conversation.