PDA

View Full Version : And this thread was @#!$% from the moment you posted.

Pages : [1] 2 3

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 8:49am,
Welcome to Bullshido. Maybe you'd like some Matt Thornton

Matt Thornton was shown a thing or two when he was a blue belt in BJJ by Steven Plinck. Not familar with the incident? Why not ask Thornton what he thinks about Plinck you "alive" Straight Blast JKD nutrider.

Flail_Crapple
4/03/2009 9:07am,
Matt Thornton was shown a thing or two when he was a blue belt in BJJ by Steven Plinck. Not familar with the incident? Why not ask Thornton what he thinks about Plinck you "alive" Straight Blast JKD nutrider.

Considering that the majority of us are unlikely to have any personal contact with Thornton in the near future, how about you enlighten us with some links, sources, reliable accounts, video, or at least a damn summary of what you are talking about.

1point2
4/03/2009 9:14am,

Who the **** is Steve Plinck? Why do I care what happened to Matt Thornton when he was a blue belt--or ever? I'm not married to the guy, I'm saying that his aliveness principles are being ignored here....

...you fucking ignoramus.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 9:24am,
Who the **** is Steve Plinck? Why do I care what happened to Matt Thornton when he was a blue belt--or ever? I'm not married to the guy, I'm saying that his aliveness principles are being ignored here....

...you fucking ignoramus.

How am I the ignoramus when you think that Thornton is the only JKD instructor that teaches "aliveness". Anyone who believes that is retarded. Every JKD (non straight blast), FMA and BJJ school teaches "aliveness." Thornton is a dolt for claiming the rights on "aliveness" training.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 9:26am,
Considering that the majority of us are unlikely to have any personal contact with Thornton in the near future, how about you enlighten us with some links, sources, reliable accounts, video, or at least a damn summary of what you are talking about.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then why would you believe the story I would tell? Why not just email Thornton when Plinck was teaching at the Straight Blast Gym.

pyromaniac1918
4/03/2009 9:31am,
How am I the ignoramus when you think that Thornton is the only JKD instructor that teaches "aliveness". Anyone who believes that is retarded. Every JKD (non straight blast), FMA and BJJ school teaches "aliveness." Thornton is a dolt for claiming the rights on "aliveness" training.

From what I can see thorton seems to be one of the few that try to encourage "aliveness" though i'm sure there are many other teachers that teach aliveness. I'm not so sure about every JKD or FMA school teaches aliveness though most would, but probably don't do enough alive training, atleast i'm more confident to say almost every BJJ school teaches aliveness.

Flail_Crapple
4/03/2009 9:37am,
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then why would you believe the story I would tell? Why not just email Thornton when Plinck was teaching at the Straight Blast Gym.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I have heard all day, you just dropped a reference to some happening without any sources or explanation, and assume that we are going to bust our asses trying to research and confirm an event that we don't even have a basic account of. Your reasoning for acting like this is that "you wouldn't believe it anyways if I told you"?

That's bullshit, if you plan to pull **** like this don't post about something in the first place.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 9:37am,
From what I can see thorton seems to be one of the few that try to encourage "aliveness" though i'm sure there are many other teachers that teach aliveness. I'm not so sure about every JKD or FMA school teaches aliveness though most would, but probably don't do enough alive training, atleast i'm more confident to say almost every BJJ school teaches aliveness.

I understand what your saying. But I'm just stressing that any JKD school that teaches kickboxing, BJJ and FMA is training with "aliveness". The one's that don't, I don't even consider JKD.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 9:43am,
That's the dumbest fucking thing I have heard all day, you just dropped a reference to some happening without any sources or explanation, and assume that we are going to bust our asses trying to research and confirm an event that we don't even have a basic account of. Your reasoning for acting like this is that "you wouldn't believe it anyways if I told you"?

That's bullshit, if you plan to pull **** like this don't post about something in the first place.

That's your perogative then. Anyone who's in the know, knows. Just becuase your naive newbie ass doesn't is not my problem. I've done my research. You're the one that hasn't.

1point2
4/03/2009 10:02am,
I understand what your saying. But I'm just stressing that any JKD school that teaches kickboxing, BJJ and FMA is training with "aliveness". The one's that don't, I don't even consider JKD.

Ooh, fun! We get to disregard conventional beliefs about what things are! We get to make up our own criteria for naming things! My turn.

Every Isshinryu school trains with aliveness. That's because the ones that don't do groundwork, hard sparring, clinchwork, and alive bunkai drills aren't Isshinryu.

Remind me how this is at all useful to communicate this way?

Oh--and when did I say that Thornton is the only guy who trains alive? I recommend him because he articulates the concepts concisely and well....

...you worthless punk.

Hesperus
4/03/2009 10:04am,
That's your perogative then. Anyone who's in the know, knows. Just becuase your naive newbie ass doesn't is not my problem. I've done my research. You're the one that hasn't.

I'd tell you to go **** yourself, but your head is so far up your ass I can only assume that was your intention to begin with.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 10:47am,
Ooh, fun! We get to disregard conventional beliefs about what things are! We get to make up our own criteria for naming things! My turn.

Every Isshinryu school trains with aliveness. That's because the ones that don't do groundwork, hard sparring, clinchwork, and alive bunkai drills aren't Isshinryu.

Remind me how this is at all useful to communicate this way?

Oh--and when did I say that Thornton is the only guy who trains alive? I recommend him because he articulates the concepts concisely and well....

...you worthless punk.

If you honestly believe an isshin ryu school trains with aliveness, you really have drunk the Thornton Kool-Aid.

I like that Clint Eastwood insult though.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 10:48am,
I'd tell you to go **** yourself, but your head is so far up your ass I can only assume that was your intention to begin with.

Clean the sand out of your mangina and get back to me since you obviously don't know **** about ****.

TheMightyMcClaw
4/03/2009 10:57am,
If you honestly believe an isshin ryu school trains with aliveness, you really have drunk the Thornton Kool-Aid.

I like that Clint Eastwood insult though.

1) You missed the irony.
2) Please stop shitting up my thread.

matrixdutch
4/03/2009 11:01am,
1) You missed the irony.
2) Please stop shitting up my thread.

No, I didn't miss the irony. It just wasn't clever.

And this thread was **** from the moment you posted.

Lebell
4/03/2009 12:37pm,
matrixdutch, you dont happen to live in Holland, do you?

if so, or not, please be aware that since nov 2006 ive really been trying to get across this positive image of the dutch, and right now, you're destroying everything ive worked for so hard.

carry on.