PDA

View Full Version : Mma bas rutton

jrezuk
3/30/2009 5:21pm,
only recently have i watched this man on some youtube videos and imust say this man is a machine just unbelivable .. so happy to see some real street defence that works:qleapfrog

Holy Moment
3/30/2009 5:40pm,
**** you, and **** that ***** ****** Bas Rutten. The only thing that sucks harder than Bas Rutten is you when you're sucking him off. Fucking bitch.

Zapruder
3/30/2009 5:51pm,
**** you, and **** that ***** ****** Bas Rutten. The only thing that sucks harder than Bas Rutten is you when you're sucking him off. Fucking bitch.

Can you please stop being so damned wishy washy and be straight and tell us how you really feel?

Ka-Bar
3/30/2009 6:14pm,
Wait, Bas Rutten did MMA?

Matt Phillips
3/30/2009 7:53pm,
Wait, Bas Rutten did MMA?Yes, once against TK, once against Randleman, and then that Scrub in 1996 makes three.

Ka-Bar
3/30/2009 8:07pm,
Yes, once against TK, once against Randleman, and then that Scrub in 1996 makes three.

You don't consider Pancrase to be MMA?

Matt Phillips
3/30/2009 8:19pm,
You don't consider Pancrase to be MMA?
Pre 1998? Let's see... Rope escapes, 10 count knock down rule, can't punch to the head... no, I don't.

Ka-Bar
3/30/2009 8:27pm,
Pre 1998? Let's see... Rope escapes, 10 count knock down rule, can't punch to the head... no, I don't.

Bah, that's like saying PRIDE isn't MMA because you can't elbow or the UFC isn't MMA because you can't soccer kick or stomp.

Were Pancrase's old rules silly? Yeah, because it was a bastard stepchild of pro wrestling. But to say it's not MMA, that's splitting hairs.

But Bas is awesome.

Matt Phillips
3/30/2009 8:34pm,
Bah, that's like saying PRIDE isn't MMA because you can't elbow or the UFC isn't MMA because you can't soccer kick or stomp.

Were Pancrase's old rules silly? Yeah, because it was a bastard stepchild of pro wrestling. But to say it's not MMA, that's splitting hairs.

But Bas is awesome.

Try to imagine Vitor Belfort working his standup game in Pancrase.

It is not the same as the small differences between Pride and the UFC. You knock someone down, they get a 10 count. You catch them in a sub by the ropes, they get 1/5 of a TKO and you have to let go. Your stand up game is to box, forget it. It's game changingly different.

Pancrase was a very distinct form of Shootfighting from, say, Shooto, and MMA is pretty much mid 90's Shooto.

Edit:

But Bas is awesome.
Agreed.

Beorn
3/30/2009 8:42pm,

How DARE you insult the potentate of pugilism. GONG_SAU!!11!!!ELEVEN

Ka-Bar
3/30/2009 8:43pm,
Try to imagine Vitor Belfort working his standup game in Pancrase.

It is not the same as the small differences between Pride and the UFC. You knock someone down, they get a 10 count. You catch them in a sub by the ropes, they get 1/5 of a TKO and you have to let go. Your stand up game is to box, forget it. It's game changingly different.

Pancrase was a very distinct form of Shootfighting from, say, Shooto, and MMA is pretty much mid 90's Shooto.

Oh, I acknowledge the differences are pretty substantial. But if Pancrase isn't MMA, then what is it? At what point does something cease to be MMA and become, say, a shoot match?

Dagon Akujin
3/30/2009 8:50pm,
You fuckers. This Bas Rutten post needs more Bas Rutten!

http://www.buzzhumor.com/images/53/bas_rutten_self_defense01-tn4dddfe.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y

Dangi-da-dangi-da-dang!

Matt Phillips
3/30/2009 8:54pm,
OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1WWwtLWyg

Dagon Akujin
3/30/2009 9:01pm,
OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1WWwtLWyg

Since you are a total Ken Sham:5wow:rock ******, you should know that he's doing a workout at my church's gym pretty soon.

Sham:5wow:rock

Matt Phillips
3/30/2009 9:10pm,
Oh, I acknowledge the differences are pretty substantial. But if Pancrase isn't MMA, then what is it? At what point does something cease to be MMA and become, say, a shoot match?
Its a very good question, and a hard one to answer especially since what was MMA in the past (NHB) was replaced with what are basically Shootfighting (Shooto) rules.

IMHO if you can't, for example:
-punch on the ground
-punch to the face
-sub on the ground
-follow up a knockdown or a slip with matwork or gnp
-kick below the waist
-end a match with a single submission
or
-end a match with a single KO with only minimal recovery time given

Then its not MMA.

Matt Phillips
3/30/2009 9:11pm,
Since you are a total Ken Sham:5wow:rock ******, you should know that he's doing a workout at my church's gym pretty soon.

Sham:5wow:rock
Isn't Ken just precious?