PDA

View Full Version : New Kid in Town ( 62 year old kid )

tomorrowsmantod
3/24/2009 11:48pm,
I've just signed up, and I'm looking forward to coming across some golden nuggets of knowledge on this site.

I am a longtime practitioner ( since 1958 ) of all sorts of self-defense and combative concepts, tactics, techniques, and weaponry. At this point in my life I enjoy watching folks get all stirred up about things I was first exposed to in the 60's. Ain't much new under the sun...except for the firearms getting better and better all the time ( Gabe Suarez Force on Force is outstanding / I love my Dan Wesson "Valor" 1911. My Springfield Armory SOCOMII, my Mossberg 590, and my CLB backup blades ).

theotherserge
3/25/2009 12:54am,
Weren't you just in that "Gran Torino" movie? ;-)

Anyhow, welcome old sport! It's good to get some old school knowledge.

HerbA
3/27/2009 11:05am,
Weren't you just in that "Gran Torino" movie? ;-)

Anyhow, welcome old sport! It's good to get some old school knowledge.

Thank you for the welcome my friend. Yes, I am from the "old school / new rules" school of thought and action where modernity and efficiency continue to remold and evolve my martial arts concepts, techniques, and approaches ( for example: always bring a Glock or Kimber Pro-Carry to a knife or fist fight...a la Gabe Suarez ).

I forgot my "tomorrowsmantod..." entry, so I signed up again as HerbA.
I' still the same old gun cleaning, somewhat bitter, bible reading, solitary soul that prefers to live like Miyamoto Musashi did in his Reigendo "condo/cave."

Look for my opening volley on the ridiculousnous of contemporary weight training and musclebuilding for martial artists ( under HerbA ) elsewhere on this forum site. It reads like taking a swig of the Coca Cola they manufactured in the south back in the early sixties...a very strong brew indeed!

My current favorite martial artis to watch in action is the one and only Yoshihiro Akiyama. I like his skill and his attitude...Nasty to the bone!

In closing, remember what Bruce Lee once said..."believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ( a good smack in the chops or the gut will teach you more than either ).:XXsunsmil

Cougar Spirit
4/29/2009 2:30pm,
Greetings, fellow old guy! Nice to see you hanging in there. Welcome to Bullshido.