PDA

View Full Version : How to Slide on Your Head into a Heel Hook *vid*

M-Tri
3/15/2009 5:01pm,
This is from a tournament I did yesterday:

YouTube - Advanced Featherweight No-Gi Finals at Copa America World Championship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z22USfDV7xY)

:5propelle

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/15/2009 5:10pm,
I think that's from the Iminari instructional.

M-Tri
3/16/2009 5:24pm,
I think that's from the Iminari instructional.

I've been meaning to pick that up. I only saw one technique on it, and I use it all the time. this wasn't in the clip I saw though.

PointyShinyBurn
3/16/2009 5:39pm,
Slick. The way you were hanging your front leg out there I assume that was your plan all along?

Zapruder
3/16/2009 5:40pm,
LOL! That was great, you just gave him the leg and he took it and had NO CLUE what to do with it, then foom foom you have the heel hook!

The look on his face is priceless!

G-Off
3/16/2009 5:42pm,
That was awesome. His knee looked jacked up at the end though.

Naszir
3/16/2009 5:46pm,
Very slick, Mikey. Very slick indeed. You out Imanari'd Imanari in his last match.

M-Tri
3/16/2009 6:25pm,
LOL! That was great, you just gave him the leg and he took it and had NO CLUE what to do with it, then foom foom you have the heel hook!

The look on his face is priceless!

Yeah, he seemed to like the single leg, so I thought I'd use that against him since I find it particularly easy to counter in submission grappling. He actually blocked the original entry I planned on doing by changing angles at the last second, but that opened him up for the one I hit.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

That was awesome. His knee looked jacked up at the end though.

If you look carefully at about 14secs into the video you can see me let go of his leg. He tried to sprawl when I put the lock on and his knee popped, but when I let go and called out to the ref he huffed "I'm fine, I'm alright!", so I put it back on and he tapped a few seconds later. He definitely wasn't walking around after the match though. I felt bad, but I couldn't feel too bad because he actually did it to himself.

chingythingy
3/17/2009 12:02pm,
Yeah, he seemed to like the single leg, so I thought I'd use that against him since I find it particularly easy to counter in submission grappling. He actually blocked the original entry I planned on doing by changing angles at the last second, but that opened him up for the one I hit

Good job. You certainly weren't burning any energy in that match. That whole sequence was hard for me to see, maybe the camera angle. From going inverted you grabbed the leg and transitioned into a 50/50 as you went over, then locked the inside heelhook?

What entry do you usually use off of a single?

Kintanon
3/17/2009 12:05pm,
I've seen this on youtube called a "Rick Roll" heelhook. Guy sticks his leg out and invites the single, when they take it he dives under, throws on the heelhook and starts singing. Priceless.

M-Tri
3/17/2009 7:01pm,
Good job. You certainly weren't burning any energy in that match. That whole sequence was hard for me to see, maybe the camera angle. From going inverted you grabbed the leg and transitioned into a 50/50 as you went over, then locked the inside heelhook?

What entry do you usually use off of a single?

depends on the way he tries to finish. with an outside single like this I usually just jump in and reap my outside leg around his close leg from around the back to secure the 50/50. I tried that in the video, but he reacted strange so I just slipped through in the reverse direction.

If he secures my leg between his for a "tight" single then I kani-basami into a normal inverted heel hook. this is my favorite and it's probably the only way I can actually take down high-level wrestlers.