PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me if BJJ is good for me?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Oni Kudaki
3/13/2009 1:21pm,
Hey Im wondering about getting into bjj i was just going to ask to make sure if its for me.
I'm currently in a karate school that i'm pretty unhappy with. I've been there for about two and a half years. I wrestle as well and have been doing that for about a year.

I'm pretty damn small, too. I'm sixteen, about 5'5 and weigh about 100 lbs. I live in colorado springs, can anyone recommend a school?

Goju - Joe
3/13/2009 2:41pm,
Could you not have just googled this

http://www.coloradospringsbjj.com

yes BJJ is exactly for you especially at 16 when you're my age 21 years from now and hold a 4th degree BB you can thank me

Oni Kudaki
3/13/2009 4:14pm,
Yeah i could've, i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. But thanks a lot.

HAPKO3
3/13/2009 6:04pm,
wrong forum, n00b.

jspeedy
3/13/2009 6:17pm,
I recommend Nintendo WII boxing. 21 years from now when you're still a virgin at 200lbs you'll thank me.

jnp
3/13/2009 6:18pm,
Oni Kudaki, you have been here long enough to read the forum descriptions, even if you are 16.

Can you tell me why you thought a beginner's question would belong in the Advanced Grappling forum?

lionknight
3/13/2009 6:25pm,
Oni Kudaki, you have been here long enough to read the forum descriptions, even if you are 16.

Can you tell me why you thought a beginner's question would belong in the Advanced Grappling forum?

Because teenagers are stupid. :waraya

Siniq
3/13/2009 6:28pm,
Stay in karate! We don't need any more retards in BJJ. We've allredy got the rorion Gracie.

The Twitcher
3/13/2009 9:59pm,
BJJ isn't really all that reliable. I could recommend you a good wing chun school.

Vorpal
3/13/2009 11:36pm,
BJJ is horrible. Contracting skin diseases from other men, the indignity of butt flopping, the ridiculous patches on the uniforms not to mention the outrageous prices. Do you really want to be cannon fodder in a Brazilian lineage war? I think not. Some good Aikido is what the doctor recommends my friend; upright, dignified, sanitary.

100xobm
3/13/2009 11:54pm,
These guys are all trolling, man.
Take it from me, I did ninjukai taijutsu for about four years. It's given me a great base for developing my style further. Strong striking without BS, and innovative grappling techniques which you won't find anywhere else.

Unfortunately there aren't any ninjustu classes where I'm around otherwise I'd do that.
I can tell you though, my judo instructor was certainly suprised when I tried my Nikajo lock on him. Just make sure you get the right lineage, cos lots are just in it for the money.

Also, black gi's look fucking badass.

Think about it...

elbowtko
3/14/2009 12:26am,
you guys are so cruel -_-

The Fake Macoy
3/14/2009 8:44am,
While you're at it, see if you can wrestle in high school. It should be cheap and if you can train with the wrestling team you'll get a lot of good experience.

han090
3/14/2009 9:33am,
While you're at it, see if you can wrestle in high school. It should be cheap and if you can train with the wrestling team you'll get a lot of good experience.Good advice. The cheaper the training, the more willing you'll be to keep paying for it!

And for that matter, what's with all the giving fake advice. Even if you think he's a jackass, it's better if he goes to legitimate training because
a) It's more likely to stop him being a jackass
b) It'll take funding away from the bullshit dojos
c) It's giving funding to legitimate dojos, which improves the chances of them staying open.

I know people want to troll te n00bs, but this is just "bad for the sport".

Tofudog
3/14/2009 12:28pm,
Sumo is very underrated, btw.

Holy Moment
3/14/2009 12:44pm,
Trapfighting is going to be big soon, I can feel it.