PDA

View Full Version : Thai Style Kicking

Pages : [1] 2

SakeOwnz
1/08/2004 3:58pm,
Does anyone know of a decent site to watch thai kickboxing techniques being used or demonstrated? I'm looking for round kick clips in particular. I'm transitioning to kickboxing from a style that used mainly snapping movements for the roundhouse and I'm having difficulty adjusting to the motions of muy thai kicks.

WhiteShark
1/08/2004 4:01pm,
Search for K-1 fight clips especially fighters like: Crocop, Hoost, Aerts and Bonjasky

IronBuddha
1/08/2004 4:10pm,
man...them dudes can kick!

IronBuddha
1/08/2004 4:11pm,
i have this pic of bonjasky kicking bob sapp in the head off ko.sherdog.

sooo sweet. perfect rotation and alignment.

IronBuddha
1/08/2004 4:14pm,
bonjasky also has a mean knee if you wanted footage on knees in action. he ko's people with them.

and he did this sick flying round kick to this guy in vegas..........

SakeOwnz
1/08/2004 4:15pm,
Yes, I must admit the kicks are far more devastating then snap motion round kicks. The guys in my class could drive straight through me with those kicks. I came from TKD (of course) and I would really like to get out of the bad habits it developed in my roundhouse.

NHB_Ben
1/08/2004 4:34pm,
If you sign up for a membership here they have a lot of good videos on basic Muay Thai techniques. http://www.wffchampionships.com/

SakeOwnz
1/08/2004 4:45pm,
Hey thats an awsome site, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

MrMcFu
1/08/2004 4:57pm,
STFU n00b!! How dare you come around asking reasonable questions!!!

SakeOwnz
1/08/2004 5:02pm,
My bad, ok how's this?

Do you guys think if I performed a 176 move taji form every day whilst channeling my chi/qi I could one day hope to defeat a bjj practitioner?

What’s better ninjutsu or monkey style kung fu?

MrMcFu
1/08/2004 5:03pm,
oh **** nevermind.

carry on with whatever you were doing before please.

Shuma-Gorath
1/08/2004 5:10pm,
Originally posted by SakeOwnz
Yes, I must admit the kicks are far more devastating then snap motion round kicks. The guys in my class could drive straight through me with those kicks. I came from TKD (of course) and I would really like to get out of the bad habits it developed in my roundhouse.

Almost in the same boat here. My Karate roundhouse is terribly weak, even when I magically get my hips into it. I'd love to learn a proper thai roundhouse.

alex
1/08/2004 5:15pm,
we do thai roundhouse style kicks at our kung fu school. I also used to do pissant snappy roundhouse kicks, fast, but nowhere near as effective.

PizDoff
1/08/2004 5:35pm,
"I'm having difficulty adjusting to the motions of muy thai kicks."

Strange.....since I never learned the snap fucked up roundhouse kicks first, I just started twisting my hip first to generate power.
This was before I had even heard of Muay THai or that way of kicking.

Shuma-Gorath
1/08/2004 5:44pm,
Well, that's it. My snapping roundhouse kick has been erased and I'm going to practice the Thai version all weekend. Thank you, Ben, for that video site.

Since the Karate and Thai front kicks are almost the same, and Karate has the sidekick, my linear kicking will remain unchanged.

PizDoff
1/08/2004 5:57pm,
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~jorai/pictures/groined.jpg