PDA

View Full Version : Karate Calendar Girls

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

blankslate
1/08/2004 6:45am,
http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0300southwark/content_objectid=13785838_method=full_siteid=50100 _headline=-Meet-Linda---a-calendar-girl-with-real-attitude-----name_page.html

UNLUCKY opponents often don't know what day of the week it is after clashing with karate expert Linda Marchant.

But they'll have no such problems this year after an inventive photo shoot with the South London master.

Linda teaches at the Institute of Traditional Karate on Brandon Street, Walworth, and was hand-picked to star in a martial arts calendar. She is known among martial arts enthusiasts as an impressive exponent of gojuryu, one of the oldest forms of Okinawan karate.

But this year she will also be "Miss April".

Linda was photographed for Iron and Silk 2004, the first English martial arts calendar to be sold around the world. Linda, 39, of Gilbey Road, Tooting, was picked because she is the highest graded woman in goju-ryu in the country and has been studying the arts since she was 10.

She has many world and European titles to her name, despite also working as a project manager for the Royal Bank of Scotland.

She said: "I am really honoured to be on the calendar with such magnificent martial artists.

"For me, this is a way of life and we are always looking at ways to get more women interested in getting involved."

The calendar was produced by an English martial arts publishing company, Spirit Bear.

The finished calendar features 12 martial artists from different disciplines, including karate, tae kwon do, kendo, aikido, kung fu and jeet kune do.

To create the calendar, called Spirit, the 12 masters performed in front of photographer Jackie Nickerson.

SLJ
1/08/2004 9:46am,
Link doesn't work.

If she's nice she should perform a really high side-kick in the nude, towards the camera. If she's not then just leave the Gi on.

oloxio
1/09/2004 4:00pm,
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icsouthlondon/jan2004/5/5/00002440-ABF9-1FFA-AA2580BFB6FA0000.jpg

I think the Gi should definitely stay on.

MuayThaiBri67
1/09/2004 7:05pm,
I agree, the gi should stay on. I almost lost my eye sight. I'd better go to budogirls to get it back.

blankslate
1/10/2004 4:19pm,
They are hurting sales with that picture....

Gremlin
1/10/2004 4:24pm,
Hhhhmmm...makes me wonder why they would make a calendar of MA women, and nt make it "sexy". Isn't the point of a calendar to WANT to look at it?

Kenshin
1/17/2004 2:57am,
Gremlin, this is not always necessarily true...

You've got to wonder just why they decided to release a calender like that though. Even the people i know that do MA wouldn't buy it.

Deadpan Scientist
1/17/2004 4:13am,
Why would you expect girls that fight to look like models?

blankslate
1/17/2004 4:44am,
I'm still with Gremlin...a calendar with women is traditonally supposed to be sexy. They can do what they want i suppose. I doubt I'd buy it if they were sexy though....

Gremlin, I'm in torture room number 1, don't forget it...

Ice Queen
1/17/2004 4:08pm,
I'm not saying it shouldn't have a sorta "split screen". like a "in gi/out of gi". Not all female MAist are hot, but they aren't all ugly (*ahem* June Castro i think her name is) I know of a few cute girls at my dojo. Not that we are making a calendar or anything.

Stiles
1/17/2004 7:48pm,
Originally posted by Ice Queen
I know of a few cute girls at my dojo. Not that we are making a calendar or anything.

Would you consider it?

Chris.B
1/17/2004 8:58pm,
Originally posted by brandeissansoo
Why would you expect girls that fight to look like models?

No but it's not a bad really a bad thing if you have models that look like they fight for a CALENDAR is it?

MuayThaiBri67
1/17/2004 9:32pm,
Icequeen - I know of a few cute girls at my dojo. Not that we are making a calendar or anything

Maybe you should consider it. Some good money to be made. Think of it as your contribution to the martial arts community.

Stiles
1/18/2004 1:57am,
Originally posted by MuayThaiBri67
Icequeen - I know of a few cute girls at my dojo. Not that we are making a calendar or anything

Maybe you should consider it. Some good money to be made. Think of it as your contribution to the martial arts community.

Amen

Gremlin
1/18/2004 3:26am,
IQ-stick to helping out with the shirt first. Calendars are later dear.

Ice Queen
1/18/2004 3:48am,
FINE! But you have to go up for January