PDA

View Full Version : I am the way of the armchair warrior

Pages : [1] 2 3

4rmch41r
3/02/2009 12:06am,
Alright, so... after all this time of just reading forums, or going to classes, I have finally figured out how to feel martial-arts. Martial-arts are not just about training and techniques, they are about FEELING the kung-fu within you. Now, it isn't like I packed a bowl, toked up, and was like "I know kung fu" (this time); it was a gradual process of watching anime, playing video games, kicking the air and stretching out until I was confident I could hit someone in the face with my foot. AND IT FEELS FUCKING AWESOME.

I also learned the meaning of the kiai, it is about feeling the ENERGY of your fighting spirit. A good kiai isn't about tightening your abs or psyching out your opponent, it is about being badass. Right now, I want you to let out a good "WAAAH-TAAAH", just like Bruce Lee. No inhibitions, no worries, no intentions, just scream out a good "WAAAH-TAAAH" and stick out your fist in front of you to feel the ki. YEAH.

All of my best fighting moves I learned from playing video games or watching fighting anime. I have learned some good moves from real classes and people (like Bruce Lee) too, but I had to figure out how they felt, not just listen to directions or practice against other people.

You want to be awesome like me? Here are some things you can do:

Do **** in front of the mirror

Every time you get an opportunity, let out a flurry of Wing Chun punches in front of the mirror to pump yourself up. You never know when you might find yourself in a deadly street encounter, and 90% of fighting is mental. That means you have to get yourself into the right attitude for it.

Use weight, bitch

Put some ankle weights on and practice your roundhouse. Take them off, and feel that (YEAAAH)? Your kicks not only are faster, they feel faster too. This is what it is like to be AWESOME.

I am done imparting my wisdom upon you all, I am gonna go do Karate in my back-yard.

The Twitcher
3/02/2009 12:09am,
LMAO!

lt_flippy
3/02/2009 12:18am,
WAAAH-TAAAH!

4rmch41r
3/02/2009 12:24am,
WAAAH-TAAAH!

Squerlli
3/02/2009 12:41am,
WAAAH-TAAAH!

hitandrun
3/02/2009 12:43am,
All of my best fighting moves I learned from playing video games or watching fighting anime.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/hitandrunstyle/rocklee.jpg?t=1235972224

Munacra
3/02/2009 12:43am,
You are retarded, Bullshido, and I am ashamed that it is known I post here.

JingMerchant!
3/02/2009 1:32am,
Martial-arts are not just about training and techniques, they are about FEELING the kung-fu within you.No Homo...

Squerlli
3/02/2009 1:59am,
Not even a little???

JingMerchant!
3/02/2009 2:03am,
Well........ If you buy me half a lager squerilli.... You never know........

Uncle Skippy
3/02/2009 2:05am,
WAAAH-SUUUP!

CRAP! How did I mess that up!?!?

Squerlli
3/02/2009 2:21am,
Well........ If you buy me half a lager squerilli.... You never know........

Guinness drought?

Rask
3/02/2009 2:28am,
This thread is full of win. I commend you for discovering the true meaning of martial arts. There is also the philosophical aspect of martial arts which you forgot to mention, but I am sure you will learn more about this soon as you seem to be on the right path. You need to condition your mind, not just your body. Otherwise, you are just a good fighter; not a real martial artist. I recommend Bruce Lee's books as a starting point, as he was by far the greatest of all martial arts philosophers.

CoffeeFan
3/02/2009 2:41am,
LMAO.

Munacra
3/02/2009 2:54am,
You know what.

The fact that I am posting this video. This explains how much I hate you.

YouTube - OTAKU (その日のヲタク) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CirgVj8Baw)

100xobm
3/02/2009 3:03am,
You know what.

The fact that I am posting this video. This explains how much I hate you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CirgVj8Baw

That really upset me for some reason.