PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of He Young Kimm's Legitimacy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yoboseyo
2/26/2009 10:48am,
Alledgedly the author of the 'hapkido bible', He Young Kimm, apropriated traditional KMA's to his style 'Hanmudo' he's not qualified to teach. How come such a person gets into the position of Kidohae director?

Miguksaram
2/26/2009 2:02pm,
Alledgedly the author of the 'hapkido bible', He Young Kimm, apropriated traditional KMA's to his style 'Hanmudo' he's not qualified to teach. How come such a person gets into the position of Kidohae director?

Please supply proof of your accusations. Simply stating that GM Kimm is a fraud is not enough around here.

Yoboseyo
2/26/2009 4:12pm,
http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2524
I believe the allegations cause I've seen the real stuff when I was in Korea and I know he did it with Dan Hak as well. He also rips contents from books: http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2575
and his book on Korean martial arts history is a copy-paste exercise from all sorts of content from the Internet. Obviously bogus.

Urban Achiever
2/26/2009 6:27pm,
I believe the allegations cause I've seen the real stuff when I was in Korea and I know he did it with Dan Hak as well. He also rips contents from books: http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2575
and his book on Korean martial arts history is a copy-paste exercise from all sorts of content from the Internet. Obviously bogus.

I will have to disagree with you. I don't think Dr. Kimm is a fraud. He is certified 9th Dan Sin Moo Hapkido under GM JI. He created Han Mu Do with GM Ji's blessing. Han Mu Do is his own interpretation of KMA. So, what are you talking about?

I hope you are not using THIS GUY as a source.

Re: What's this? (http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2524#p29198)
http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/styles/prohkd/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=29198&sid=9a9027d0ae667b6f632616768fe2336d#p29198)by American HKD (http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=37&sid=9a9027d0ae667b6f632616768fe2336d) on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 pm
from hapkidoforum.com

Search this guy's posts here on bullshido if you want a laugh.

Yoboseyo
2/27/2009 5:52am,
He likes to be photographed in classical military uniforms posing with swords. That's not Sin Moo. Where did he learn those techniques? What's his degree in those weapon arts (if he has any)? "Own interpretation of KMA" is a euphemism for snatching stuff from others and selling it as yours. What's the difference with 'fraud'? Have you read his philosophical fluff? And have you read the original he ripped it from without mention?

Urban Achiever
2/27/2009 7:30am,
I am not going to pretend to know more than I do. I don't know anything about Dr. Kimms weapons training and I won't comment on them. I only met Dr. Kimm twice. All I know is that he is certified to teach SM HKD and he had GM Ji's blessing to create HMD. Many of the techniques in HMD are from SM HKD. We did not cover weapons the two times I trained with Dr Kimm. His philosophies are nothing new. They are typical in east asian martial circles.

I found Dr. Kimm to very a very intelligent and honorable person. The training with him was typical throws, locks, ect....typical HKD. I also no longer travel in KMA circles. I haven't in years so I actually don't care that much. You have to understand, however, the word "fraud" is a very strong word used to describe certain people. You can't just pull something off the internet and use that as proof. You actually have to do a little more research and but some more work into it. Thanks!

Miguksaram
2/27/2009 9:48am,

Ok... first of all if you are getting your information from chat groups without any indepth research, the honestly....you an idiot. Just for the record a couple of people on that site have some deep seeded issues with Koreans in general. One person in particular spouts off about knowing about Korean culture and people and his only exposure is the handful of KMA teachers that he has worked with. So the references are moot. Secondly HYK was given permission by Dojunim Ji Han-jae to start Han Mu Do as it was already mentioned. So again...what evidence do you have that he is a fraud outside of a few people on some HKD chat line saying so?

Miguksaram
2/27/2009 9:49am,
He likes to be photographed in classical military uniforms posing with swords. That's not Sin Moo. Where did he learn those techniques? What's his degree in those weapon arts (if he has any)? "Own interpretation of KMA" is a euphemism for snatching stuff from others and selling it as yours. What's the difference with 'fraud'? Have you read his philosophical fluff? And have you read the original he ripped it from without mention?

The questions that you are asking are the questions that YOU should be finding out about prior to claiming someone is a fraud.

Yoboseyo
2/27/2009 3:41pm,
The questions that you are asking are the questions that YOU should be finding out about prior to claiming someone is a fraud.

Well, I know what I'm talking about but Sirus apparently doesn't. I'm a Hanguksaram and I've access to Korean resources. I mentioned the other website because it's one of the very very few resources in English shedding light on dark KMA corners for the western crowds. Finally also people outside of Korea seem to wake up and see what He Young Kimm actually is; a little bit of nothing. I know the sabumnims who taught He Young Kimm the weapon skills. They're frustrated he never devoted himself to learn the material thoroughly but ran off to teach it in a clumsy way calling it Hanmubong, Hangumbup anyway, calling it his property. We're all fed up with poor quality Koreans representing KMA in the USA.

DerAuslander
2/27/2009 3:49pm,
He likes to be photographed in classical military uniforms posing with swords. That's not Sin Moo. Where did he learn those techniques? What's his degree in those weapon arts (if he has any)?

I know the sabumnims who taught He Young Kimm the weapon skills. They're frustrated he never devoted himself to learn the material thoroughly but ran off to teach it in a clumsy way calling it Hanmubong, Hangumbup anyway, calling it his property. We're all fed up with poor quality Koreans representing KMA in the USA.

If you all ready know...why are you asking?

I'm going to dispose of this thread if it isn't brought on track very quickly.

Yoboseyo, you need to familiarize yourself with this forum & how it operates.

To accuse someone of fraud, in the US, can open you to law suits if you cannot prove in a court of law that they are a fraud.

I will be editting your thread title to remove your accusation.

You must be able to demonstrate that Kimm is claiming to teach arts that he has not been approved to.

If you know as much as you say, this should not be a problem. Set up a logical argument and then go for it.

아라서?

Yoboseyo
2/27/2009 4:25pm,
You must be able to demonstrate that Kimm is claiming to teach arts that he has not been approved to.

Just check his website and stuff he sells
http://www.hanmudo.com/merchandise.html#
note the many errors in writing the correct names...
Compare the youtube video's. Hanmudo moo ki sul are very bad copies of Korean Sibpalki (www.sippalki.com).

DerAuslander
2/27/2009 5:05pm,
Take a logic course.

That's not proof.

You have one more chance, or I'm sinking this.

PROVE THAT KIM IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO TEACH WHAT HE TEACHES.

Urban Achiever
2/27/2009 5:55pm,
Well, I know what I'm talking about but Sirus apparently doesn't. I know the sabumnims who taught He Young Kimm the weapon skills. They're frustrated he never devoted himself to learn the material thoroughly but ran off to teach it in a clumsy way calling it Hanmubong, Hangumbup anyway, calling it his property. We're all fed up with poor quality Koreans representing KMA in the USA.

I appreciate that you want to shed some light on issues in the KMA community for us...however....

I did admit to not knowing anything about his weapons training. I don't need a reminder from you. I also said I won't comment on his weapon skills. I was just letting you know the word "fraud" is a very strong accusation, and accusations need to be backed up properly. That is all.

Yoboseyo
2/28/2009 3:24pm,
Take a logic course.

That's not proof.

You have one more chance, or I'm sinking this.

PROVE THAT KIM IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO TEACH WHAT HE TEACHES.

You're asking me to show evidence for something that is lacking... You ask me to prove the absence of a degree or a license... talking about logic :icon_scra
Perhaps you should give some real antagonists a chance to submit prove for the legitimacy.
Why so eager to close this discussion? The USA is in favor of freedom of speech, no? yes?

I find this statement quite remarkable:
[quote=Sirus}His philosophies are nothing new. They are typical in east asian martial circles.[/quote]
It means that talking from the @$$ has become normative in the USA. He Young Kimm's philosophies and all are considered entirely ridiculous in Korea. If you have those Koreans sell you this kind of crap at face value, you get just what you deserve.

DerAuslander
2/28/2009 3:31pm,
You're asking me to show evidence for something that is lacking... You ask me to prove the absence of a degree or a license... talking about logic :icon_scra

It's very simple.

Where did Dr. Kimm receive his weapons training?

Answer that.

Is Dr. Kimm licensed or authorized to teach these systems?

Answer that.

Perhaps you should give some real antagonists a chance to submit prove for the legitimacy.
Why so eager to close this discussion? The USA is in favor of freedom of speech, no? yes?

You have the right to say whatever the **** you want.

I have the right to move it outside of the KMA forum if you are unable to follow the rules of logic and standard investigation procedure.

Do you understand?

I find this statement quite remarkable:

It means that talking from the @$$ has become normative in the USA. He Young Kimm's philosophies and all are considered entirely ridiculous in Korea. If you have those Koreans sell you this kind of crap at face value, you get just what you deserve.

The same Koreans who claimed that Taegwondo was used by the Hwarang?

The same Koreans who said that Hapgido was used by the Hwarang?

Don't start with me.

Yoboseyo
3/01/2009 3:48pm,
It's very simple.

Where did Dr. Kimm receive his weapons training?

Answer that.

He Young Kimm received his weapons training in the 80's here in Daegu from Woo Hyun Baek, a CMA master who converted to the Sibpalki of Kim Kwang Seok just a few years prior to teaching Kimm.

Is Dr. Kimm licensed or authorized to teach these systems?

Answer that.

No he's not. He hasn't been tested and he's not recognized by Kim Kwang Seok. He Young Kimm took a picture of Kim once at a wedding and put this picture in one of his books as a 'validity' for considering him his master but he's never received training from Kim and he's never been promoted, licensed or whatsoever by Kim.

The same Koreans who claimed that Taegwondo was used by the Hwarang?

The same Koreans who said that Hapgido was used by the Hwarang?

Don't start with me.
The same Koreans who claimed that JMA actually derived from the Silla,
the same Koreans who claimed that TKD includes the high and jumping kicks because centuries ago, they had to counter the nomad tribes on horses.
The same Koreans who yarn forever about Soobahk and believe that Soobahk was a specific martial art.
The same Koreans who sell Taekkyun as a martial art.
The same Koreans who think drawing a sword was part of Korean sword arts.
It could be funny unless
THOSE SAME KOREANS ARE STILL RULING THE KMA MEDIA IN THE USA.