PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Introduction

Red Hare
2/22/2009 11:56pm,
Hey

Being new to this site i just thought i'd introduce myself and a talk a little about the style i practice, since it is one of the more obscure ones out there.

I hail from London England, though am originally of Hong Kong Chinese descent, took up boxing at quite an early age at my mother's insistence since my brothers and i used to beat the crap out of each other, she figured we may as well do it in a controlled environment. Had a brief stint in Wing Chun (one free lesson), where i slipped and body punched the instructor in a demonstration........which promtely demonstrated that it was NOT the style for me.

A friend asked me to check out another style of kung fu not too long ago called Chi Sim Weng Chun. I assumed it was the same style as before and thought it would be funny to floor another instructor. I found it to be quite different, since it had an emphasis on flowing from strikes to grappling to ground fighting, and have since been lucky enough to train with some tough fighters, and attend a few seminars in BJJ from Flavio Behring.

Anyway, having had a look around your forums i know the general consensus of WC/WT/whatever is not....great, so i thought i'd provide some video evidence that a) we're not AT ALL connect to them (in fact, most WT schools hate us because our names are so similar) and b) we train full contact sparring:

Here's a video of one of our senior instructors in a MMA fight:

YouTube - sifu Cesario Di Domenico vs Moncef Mhabdi and the american Jerry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAyIfcLgIo)

His current MMA fight record:

http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS24269

And him talking some kung fu panda crap:

YouTube - weng chun int. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiuPeMwunH4)

Anyhow...i like the ethos of this website, which is why i signed up to it. I guess my own aim is to train for the cage and follow in the footsteps of my training brothers and Sifu Cesario.

Thanks for cutting through the BS that is so prevalent in modern martial arts

If you've got any question about this style please feel free to ask, i won't pretend to be an expert but i'll answer what i can.

patfromlogan
2/23/2009 12:46am,
I watched the first video. Nice action. Too bad it sounds like wing chun!

Red Hare
2/23/2009 7:38am,
I watched the first video. Nice action. Too bad it sounds like wing chun!

Tell me about it....most the time i tell people i train Sanshou just cos i can't be arsed to explain the difference....then most Wing Chun people claim that we're trying to live off their reputation....*sigh*

ThatOtherGuy
4/24/2009 3:12am,
Hi
I just did a quick search for chi sim weng chun and was a bit surprised to see your noob introduction, since it wasn't there when I last looked a couple of months ago.

I train weng chun in Denmark and I've been thinking about posting a noob introduction for awhile (if for nothing else, then just for getting the message at the top of every page to disappear), but I didn't because I didn't want to be confused with the other chunners.

Red Hare
4/26/2009 11:39pm,
I train weng chun in Denmark and I've been thinking about posting a noob introduction for awhile (if for nothing else, then just for getting the message at the top of every page to disappear), but I didn't because I didn't want to be confused with the other chunners.

Reaaly? Do you train with Henrick in the butcher's lab?

Massiveamounts
4/27/2009 1:15am,
Good stuff man watched the first vid, you're really fluid and smooth with your transitions....you look comfortable on you feet also, that seconed cat didn't want anything to do with those leg kicks..lol. Good luck in the future.

ThatOtherGuy
4/27/2009 3:38am,
Reaaly? Do you train with Henrick in the butcher's lab?

No. I'm not from Copenhagen but I've been there on occasion, it is a great place they have there.

Kambei Shimada
4/27/2009 3:48am,
Welcome to Bullshido.

You train Weng Chun at london fightfactory?