PDA

View Full Version : Banned again. From Bladeforums of all places...

Pages : [1] 2

RoninPimp
2/19/2009 3:54pm,
Mods, please move this if its in the wrong place.

Oh no, another interwebs bridge burned!

Apparently, if Phat Phil claims you insulted him, its enough to get a tongue lashing from a mod. Telling the mod you did no such thing and that you're basically not there to kiss his ass will get him to click the ban button real quick. Blunt honest opinion scares people I guess.

The Practical Tactical forum there wasn't much for info really, just the usual Martial Talk-esque circle jerk of non-training or delusional wannabes. Mercop and a handful of others there were the exception to this. They don't really post much though. I should have followed their lead.

I did think Bladeforums was pretty good about allowing things to run their course. Not so much any more. I guess insult filled 20 page threads on "Sebenza vs. Strider" is ok. Along with the same sort of thing with "BG42 vs. S30V". An experienced, fit, skilled, and opinionated martial artist such as myself scares the non hackers.

I think Bladeforums was the first forum I posted on, circa 1997 or 98. I am forever a knife geek. I actually bought an upgraded account there last year to sell some knives of mine collecting dust. Oh well. I will not grovel to a lard ass clueless mod to have my account reinstated. I do wish I could lurk to see the post banning circle jerk for a chuckle.

Thanks for letting me vent a little Bullshido.

DarkPhoenix
2/19/2009 4:10pm,
What kinda knives do you have for sale?

vaquero de las nalgas
2/19/2009 4:13pm,
Heh. I was banned from ebudo after one post. When I emailed them, I got a message that the admin address was stale.

It's the internet. Why get upset?

Zapruder
2/19/2009 4:13pm,
Sweet! I just got banned from subfighter! I told a few stories about Gay Metzger...

RoninPimp
2/19/2009 4:15pm,
What kinda knives do you have for sale?
-Sold a small Sebenza. Holding the large Sebenza to trade for some pistol training.

-Not upset, just stating the facts for the interweb record.

maofas
2/19/2009 10:12pm,
You need a dynamic IP.

When a fatass moderator bans you to compensate for his sad little life by flexiing his e-muscles, the only mature* thing to do is to reset your modem, start posting again, and tell him to go **** himself.

*Well, not really, but it's better than posting about how much they suck on some other board.

JKDChick
2/19/2009 10:16pm,
Heh. I was banned from ebudo after one post. When I emailed them, I got a message that the admin address was stale.

It's the internet. Why get upset?

I was banned from MAP for calling a ninja "dude".

JingMerchant!
2/19/2009 10:25pm,
I was banned from MAP for calling a ninja "dude".This statement right here, sums up why I don't post on MAP.

It sums up why NO-ONE should post on MAP...

Lu Tze
2/19/2009 10:46pm,
I'd be more bothered about being called a ninja.

Carpe Noctem
2/19/2009 11:20pm,
RoninPimp,

I don't blame you, I stopped posting on Bladeforums long ago, and it was also my first foray into internet forums. Yeah, I'm a knife geek too.

snowman
2/20/2009 12:39am,
I was banned from MAP for calling a ninja "dude".

http://www.9-bits.com/BadDudes/Bad_Dudes2.jpg

JKDChick
2/20/2009 2:34am,
It was deemed to be "disrespectful".

Squerlli
2/20/2009 4:26am,
I've been banned 3 times. First for calling someone who said "martial arts isn't about combat/fighting. Second for insulting someone nicely when they said something stupid. Oh and it might have had something to do with the fact I called performance MA schools (wushu basically) and point sparring schools b/s. Last for posting a failed troll attempt by one of the members on the site which didn't like me. I think his/her/its name was TKD4ever or El Guapo or something. Good times. I miss TKD4ever. EDIT: I can't fucking skip lines. Phrost you useless skank fix the fucking site you cock mongler.

The Twitcher
2/20/2009 8:12am,
Stab them in the eyes.

Phrost
2/20/2009 8:54am,
Damn RP, you and I had some good times over there showing Phil to be the Walter Mitty douchebag that he is. Shame, but that's why those forums will always be circling the drain and running off people who'd lend actual credibility to their site.

Best part was when Phil had the audacity to actually state he wasn't a military wannabe... in a forum named Practical Tactical.

Goju - Joe
2/20/2009 9:45am,
Sweet! I just got banned from subfighter! I told a few stories about Gay Metzger...

Share with us