PDA

View Full Version : judo stand up

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 5:30pm,
Are there any decent judo/sambo stand up dvd instructionals out there? There are a ton of quality ground work dvds that go through an entire game plan and the do's and dont's of techniques in depth and i'm wondering if there is anything available beyond the basic demos of the throws, ie what grips to use and when, how to get those grips, how to set throws up and what to do when they go wrong etc. Basically fucking everything.

Mtripp
2/17/2009 6:42pm,
yes. Hashita (sp?) sells many of them.

Diesel_tke
2/17/2009 7:04pm,
Can you be more specific about what your goals are. Self defense, MMA, hobie...

Also their are a lot of resources on the net if you look.

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 8:34pm,
specifically for judo. I've used loads of bjj/judo/wrestling instructional dvds for my groundwork and they have been fantastic but i've never found the same depth of instruction on the stand up side.

I am a beginner and I know I am pretty **** but when i try the moves out on a clearly explained ground work set ie saulo ribeiro , gracie tapes, tony catch wrestling cecchine etc, I get a lot of success despite my lack of experience. However, I cant find the same level/ clarity of instruction on the stand up side of judo. They all seem to demonstrate the mechanics of the throws and leave it at. Essential knowledge I know but I need more. Lots more. I know full well I need to spend time on the mat and experiment but a decent set of dvds/ tapes to point me in the right direction would be a help.

dyl

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 8:46pm,
specifically for judo. I've used loads of bjj/judo/wrestling instructional dvds for my groundwork and they have been fantastic but i've never found the same depth of instruction on the stand up side.

I am a beginner and I know I am pretty **** but when i try the moves out on a clearly explained ground work set ie saulo ribeiro , gracie tapes, tony catch wrestling cecchine etc, I get a lot of success despite my lack of experience. However, I cant find the same level/ clarity of instruction on the stand up side of judo. They all seem to demonstrate the mechanics of the throws and leave it at. Essential knowledge I know but I need more. Lots more. I know full well I need to spend time on the mat and experiment but a decent set of dvds/ tapes to point me in the right direction would be a help.

dyl

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 8:48pm,
thanks for the info mtripp,

do you mean this guy?..

http://hashita-int.net/founder.html

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 8:53pm,
i already feel hashita warrior . cheers.

Mtripp
2/17/2009 9:08pm,
ummm no

I am speaking of a supply company . They sell gi's and stuff

Deadmeat
2/17/2009 9:18pm,
Mike Swain's Judo series is an excellent resource.

Dan Gable's wrestling instrucitonals cover standing takedowns pretty well, and some of it is applicable to judo.

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 9:18pm,
right, right...ok......i knew that.....sorry I thought you were taking the piss out of the new guy.

Erm..thanks.

Dyl

monkeydyl
2/17/2009 9:21pm,
cheers deadmeat i'll check them out.

dyl

Tomas Drgon
2/17/2009 10:36pm,
ummm no

I am speaking of a supply company . They sell gi's and stuff

www.Hatashita.com

monkeydyl
2/18/2009 7:14am,
thanks tomas.

graydragon
2/18/2009 7:22am,
I AM SO HERE

Mtripp
2/18/2009 7:48am,
www.Hatashita.com

Yep many good things there.

cuatro76
2/18/2009 5:31pm,
I recently got Koga: A Rising Wind.
It is teh awesome. Especially if you are a seoinage player.