PDA

View Full Version : Articles: Back to Business

Phrost
1/04/2004 5:45pm,
After several weeks of dreading this, I've begun copying the old articles over from the old website. It's a tedious process because it needs to be done manually.

Regardless, I've noticed that since the conversion to the new site, nobody (save PD) has submitted an article/review. I'd like to hear some feedback on the review article system from you guys.

Also, the member-submitted articles are organized in a format which will allow people to browse them based on their title. As such, so that it's easier to do so, please title future articles with the name of the instructor/school/style/school (last name first in the case of an individual).

So as I'm converting the articles over, I'd like to extend some encouragement to you guys to submit what you might consider a long-winded rant on a subject, as an article, or to just start submitting some articles to the site in general.

Please check out the article section (link at top of page) for examples.

Thanks.

Pandinha
1/04/2004 6:09pm,
I'll be putting one up soon. In the next month or so. Couple of ideas have been going around my head.

1. Me starting back up Judo, with BJJ.
2. Differences in teaching styles of a Carlos Gracie BB, versus Helio Gracie BB.

FingerorMoon?
1/04/2004 7:19pm,
I'll be putting up a couple more reviews in the near future.

PizDoff
1/04/2004 9:40pm,
I don't have any plans on upgrading "Fighting Multiples" anytime soon though I have material.
:D

X_plosion
1/05/2004 9:48am,
Thanks!

It's great to hear that the old articles will be back on! :)

I'm also looking forward to the new ones.

J-kid
1/06/2004 10:49am,
Will look into it, bud.

manchuria
1/07/2004 7:27pm,
i could write an article, but that would probably drive people away from the site...

Shuma-Gorath
1/07/2004 7:41pm,
When I get some time I'll start ranting; maybe after I return to my old school for what may be a very short visit.

Originally posted by Anthony
I'll be putting one up soon. In the next month or so. Couple of ideas have been going around my head.

1. Me starting back up Judo, with BJJ.
2. Differences in teaching styles of a Carlos Gracie BB, versus Helio Gracie BB.

Can we get one about your secret undying love for Helio? (NOT GAY)

Veridian
1/10/2004 3:38am,
I look forward to these articles

Miguksaram
1/12/2004 8:30am,
Am still transfering the recorded interview of Matt Mullins to written work and then will type it out for you. Fell behind due to upcoming tournament for me and my sons. Actually started hitting the weights again as well. :)

drunkenj
1/12/2004 8:41am,
i might try to write an article, which would basically be a collection of funny stories about various people i have come across- or my coach has come across