PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Tax Evasion!

Skepticus
2/06/2009 12:43am,
Saw this posted on another martial arts forum that will remain nameless *cough*MAP*cough*.

Seems like Hatsumi sensei is up to his old tricks again....this time registering the Bujinkan as an official religion so as to avoid having to pay as many taxes. That and to declare himself the supreme head of the Bujinkan religion, no doubt.

Hi All,

Sensei has repeated some news at the beginning of the first classes this year, so I think it bears posting here as well.

1) Sensei is planning to build a new Honbu dojo in the next 3-4 years. He sees this as a type of Mecca for the Bujinkan. To avoid getting hit by taxes as much as possible, he would like it to be built with tax-deductable donations, so he would like the international Bujinkan community to donate funds for the new dojo. (Shiraishi Sensei was the first one to make a donation for the new dojo, to the tune of 500,000 yen. Sensei mentioned this specifically to the whole class at least twice.) The existing dojo will not be torn down any time soon, but will remain where it is for the next 3 to 4 years.

2) Sensei will be registering the Bujinkan as a religious organization (the term he used each time was "宗教法人" - shuukyou houjinn, for those who might wish to clarify) - again, for tax reasons. The first time I heard him say it I thought I must have heard wrong, and asked another Japanese-speaker sitting beside me for confirmation - he told me that I heard wrong, but Sensei announced it again last night at Ayase, and there was no mistake. He joked that we'd soon all be training with shaved heads (ha ha). This will probably come as a shock to some people, but there is no mistake about what he said.

So, interesting times ahead for the Bujinkan. Sensei is always keeping us on our toes.

zlarin
2/06/2009 12:47am,
holy booj batman... its holy booj

1point2
2/06/2009 12:56am,
serch
function
noooooooooooooooooooooob
guh, it actually hurts to type that over and over again, day after day, the monotony is crushing me. why, O Helio, why?

kendamu
2/06/2009 3:20am,
This definitely won't help the people defending against the "booj is a cult" accusations.