PDA

View Full Version : 93.5% of you probably could kick my ass.

Pages : [1] 2 3

slckr.
2/04/2009 1:42am,
Hi. My username on this site is slckr., and I am relatively new to training.

5 years ago, I trained in Muay Thai for 4 months, but stopped because I decided that I would rather just hang out and smoke marijuana all day.

Last week, I signed a one year contract at an MMA acadamy, so it looks like I won't be bailing out this time, unless I want to lose an assload of money.

Like most MMA schools, it consists of Muay Thai (with western Boxing emphasized, 'cause the head coach studies and fights professionally) and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I had never done Jiu Jitsu before, but it had fascinated me for some time. Now that I am doing it, I am hooked. So much more into it than I ever was for Muay Thai (not that I dislike MT).

I don't really know what to say anymore, so I guess I won't say anything.

AikidoBot
2/04/2009 1:43am,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums slckr.... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

Domite
2/04/2009 2:50am,
I trained in Muay Thai for 4 months, but stopped because I decided that I would rather just hang out and smoke marijuana all day.

You're only supposed to choose one?!?!

Frank White
2/04/2009 3:16am,
I would say 100% of me could kick your ass. Ay, pass that over here, alright....

slckr.
2/04/2009 3:20am,
I would say 100% of me could kick your ass.

I had a feeling that was coming. I now have a feeling that you had a feeling that I had a feeling that was coming.

Frank White
2/04/2009 3:33am,
wow dats sum good **** man......

Tersi
2/04/2009 4:18am,
Sooo, you felt it when he was comming? Get a room!

How many times a week do you train? And which MMA academy it is?

Anyway, good luck with your training! And do tell us how you like it!

slckr.
2/04/2009 6:29pm,
You're only supposed to choose one?!?!

I chose the couch over the gym. I was/am(?) a very stereotypical stoner(, dude), and couldn't handle the gym in such a condition.

Sooo, you felt it when he was comming? Get a room!

He feinted with kegels earlier, but when the real thing came, I knew what was up.

Damn, that was wrong(?).

How many times a week do you train? And which MMA academy it is?

Since it has only been a week, I do not have a set schedule yet. I went 3 days last week (it was open 5 days, usually 6), and I went yesterday, but did not go today. I am really bad at math, so you tell me how I am doing or am projected to do.

As to what academy I train at, I would like to keep it anonymous for now. I don't want to combine regularly visited locations and the internet just yet, but I will talk about it.

Anyway, good luck with your training! And do tell us how you like it!

The academy is run by a fighter, and he encourages tough and exhaustive workout. While I love the environment I put myself in, my body hates me for it. I can't quite hang with the veteren students, so that sucks now, but at the same time, it inspires me to get stronger.

The first day I went to the place, I went only to check it out, but brought some shorts along, just in case. The coach asked if I wanted a free class, and I said yeah, got suited up, and got on the mat.

They were doing Jiu Jitsu drills at the time, and ended up showing me the triangle and armbar. I got put in each hold so that I would know what it felt like, but I only did each move a few times, so developed little muscle memory for them.

Next thing you know, he tells us to partner up to roll. I knew what rolling was, but had no idea that I would be included in any of that my first day there, and mind you, I had no idea how rough the people at this academy played.

I was put up against two students, the first a blue belt, I think; the second, a white belt. I found out quickly that we were rolling pretty hard at this place.

Being a novice, the blue belt tapped me 4 times in the time we were rolling. I put up a decent fight at times, but I didn't know how to submit him, so I was really just struggling greatly.

When I switched to the white belt, he said right away that he was a beginner, and not to worry. Right away, he starts moving around pretty damn smoothly, knee drops and ****. I'm like, ****... this dude's a wrestler. He took me down a bunch of times, and hard, too. I put up a good struggle against him, too, but just as the blue belt before, he got me to tap numerous times, with the last time popping my elbow.

That was the end of the class, and I was fucking hooked. I got my ass kicked, and I loved it. So in terms of how I like it... a lot. But the injuries, though... ah, I'll whine about that later.

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
2/04/2009 6:45pm,
The academy is run by a fighter...

...I was put up against two students, the first a blue belt, I think; the second, a white belt.

Does the MMA club have two seperated programs, one MT and the other Bjj?
Or are they teaching MMA with belts?

Either way, have you done a check on the grade and lineage of the coach? If not, do it to be sure.

Have fun, train safe.

TheRuss
2/04/2009 6:52pm,
he got me to tap numerous times, with the last time popping my elbow.

Tap earlier next time.

slckr.
2/04/2009 7:11pm,
Zendokan --- It is an MMA school that has MT classes, BJJ classes, and MMA classes where you work on combining the two. Is this not a standard setup for most MMA schools ?

About his BJJ lineage, I don't feel the need to research, but I probably will just for ****'s sake. He claims to be a brown belt, not black. I sense no fraud going on. He is just a fighter (pro) with his own dojo, and he teaches what he knows out of it. Thanks for the concern, though.

TheRuss --- tapping is the most important thing I've learned so far. I didn't realize how painful armbars were, at first. Now I know.

slckr.
2/04/2009 7:58pm,
By the way, for the dude who gave me a "reputation" as a troll, you fucking suck at judging people. Never become a cop; while you'll think that you had great instinct for finding criminals, all the innocent people you hassle will think you're a **** head.

TheRuss
2/04/2009 8:51pm,
By the way, for the dude who gave me a "reputation" as a troll

Don't talk about rep or varrots. Seriously.

slckr.
2/04/2009 9:03pm,
Are they insignificant ? I thought it was something, that if continually negative, would get me banned, or something.

TheRuss
2/04/2009 9:04pm,
Are they insignificant ? I thought it was something, that if continually negative, would get me banned, or something.

Your odds of getting banned because you got a bunch of neg rep are significantly lower than your odds of getting banned because you posted about getting neg rep.

slckr.
2/04/2009 9:07pm,
Hmm, okay. I'm not sure why it works out that way (yet?), but it is noted.