PDA

View Full Version : Intro

rpsands
2/02/2009 7:17pm,
Hola, folks,

Just an intro thread. I'm new to Bullshido, a forum which comes highly recommended by a number of my friends and BJJ compatriots.

Bit about me: I work in healthcare IT, which comes with free healthcare (hurray). I did Kenpo from age 6 to 16, and got my brown belt at a McDojo -- it did take ten years, and I did learn how to defend myself against people who don't know martial arts, but that's it. Around age 14 I discovered the internet and got fat, and progressively stopped caring about anything except the interwebs. Eventually I came back to planet Earth, and just recently a buddy of mine got me into BJJ, where I constantly rip the skin off of my body in various places and get my ass whupped.

So far I am enjoying the hell out of it, and trying to work myself up to the point where one night a week doesn't physically disable me.

-Ryan

GhostOfKimura
2/02/2009 7:18pm,
Welcome aboard, rpsands! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

TheRuss
2/02/2009 8:14pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, Ryan.

where I constantly rip the skin off of my body in various places

I highly recommend liquid bandage (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2011015#post2011015). No joke.

JingMerchant!
2/02/2009 8:22pm,
So far I am enjoying the hell out of it, and trying to work myself up to the point where one night a week doesn't physically disable me.

-RyanTake up Yoga, it'll help with flexibility and overall strength. Maybe some skipping, (I believe you colonial types call it "Jump rope") to help improve your cardio.

Cougar Spirit
2/04/2009 1:51pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, Ryan. Sounds like you are just about crazy enough to enjoy this site as much as we do. :)