PDA

View Full Version : Hi One and All

jasvir.singh1
2/02/2009 4:55am,
I guess I am the newest newbie to enter the ranks. I am have not taken up any particular martial arts just yet. Have done different things here and there but I am just beginning to stick a martial art or two.

I have been doing Shastar Vidhyia (Weapons Training) or more commonly referred to as Gatka. Do a google search and you can get some info on it. It's basically an art that was created for times of war, you know cut an arm there and slice a guys leg all in one stroke sort of thing.

Anyways, hope to pick up different takes on subjects and further my knowledge. Mostly interested in effective fighting and defenses for street encounters.

BJJbot
2/02/2009 4:56am,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, jasvir.singh1, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

marcusdbrutus
2/02/2009 5:05am,
Hey, welcome to Bullshido. Ever consider trying anything (besides Gatka, obviously)?

Cougar Spirit
2/04/2009 1:57pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

jasvir.singh1
2/04/2009 7:40pm,
Thanks for welcoming, and right now I am trying to start Wing Chun.

TheRuss
2/04/2009 8:58pm,
Wing Chun

generally does not fall under the category of

effective fighting and defenses for street encounters

What other options do you have?

AoCAdam
2/04/2009 9:33pm,
Welcome to Bullshido!